Goodbye

Luke's POV

I walked slowly towards Claire's room, dreading each step. Half way their, I ran to Calum, "Mate, do you have your guitar?" I asked, worried. He looked at me puzzeled. "Yea?" he said, scratching his head. "Can you get it?" I asked, turning to Claire's room once again. I walked slower, my mind going through every possible way of our last words. I wish these damn nurses could do something, but if Claire was in pain, I'd do anything to avoid that. I just wish it didn't involve her leaving, LITERALLY. I appeared at her door, and I took a shaky breath.
I opened the door, hearing the ring of machines. I closed the door behind me, facing Claire. Several feet separated us, and I noticed Claire starring at me. Her brown eyes were full of pain, and her brown hair was a halo around her. I took shaky steps towards Claire, stopping inches from her. "Hey Mrs.Hemmings," I said, making her smile. I smiled too, everything could be different. We could of had another chance at children, getting old and possibly looking back at my music career. We were both robbed of it. I sat next to Claire's hospital bed, resting my hand on her cheek. She closed her eyes against my hand, looking like a broken angel. My heart ached inside. "Hey," she said, opening her eyes.

Claire's POV

Seeing Luke was a gift from the gods. His blonde hair was jelled up, half of it messed up in a sexy way. His ever blue eyes were sincere, hiding the pain I caused when he looked at me. I smiled, knowing I would miss this. I would miss how he bit his lip, always tugging on his beanie. I would miss his constant hugs and cuddels, and his eyes full of lust when he stared at me. I was robbed of all of this, and I could do nothing but sit here, dying. Luke sat next to me, placing a hand gently on my cheek. I closed my eyes, leaning into his touch. I craved to have it forever. I opened my eyes, trying to obscure my pain. All of my body ached, and my heart was getting weaker with each pump. I had no less than a few minutes. Calum raced in my room, handing Luke a guitar. I stared at it in amazement. Good, the last thing I wanted was to hear Luke's voice. I looked at Luke, into his deep blue eyes. They were patchy and red, blotchy. Tears slid down my face aswell. He stood up, gently kissing my lips. More tears escaped. Luke pulled back, adjusting his guitars strap. His voice was so low and shaky, but so beautiful all at once.

' For awhile we pretended
That we'd never have to end it,
But we knew we had to say goodbye '

I closed my eyes, under a spell that was Luke's voice.

' You were crying at the airport,
As they finally closed the plane doors,
I could barely hold it all inside. '

I opened my eyes, looking at a teary eyed Luke. I remembered that day, the day he left on tour with One Direction. This song was about us.

' Torn in two, and I know I shouldn't tell you, but I just can't stop thinking you, Wherever you are,
Every night I almost call you,
Just to say it always will be you,
Wherever You Are'

Luke stopped for a second, looking at me with sad eyes. I was in tears.

' I could fly a thousand oceans,
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had and so I walk alone,

Torn in two, and I know I shouldn't tell you, but I just can't stop thinking of you, Wherever You Are,
Every night I almost call you,
Just to say it always will be you,
Wherever You Are '

Luke stopped singing, and just strummed the guitar. I looked at him with teary eyes, managing a smile. I felt my heart shrinking, NO! Not yet..

' You could say we will be togeather
Someday,
Nothing lasts forever.
Nothing stays the same.
So why can't I stop feeling this way?
Torn in two, and I know I shouldn't
Tell you, but I just can't stop thinking
Of you, Wherever You Are '

Luke finished the song, short it seemed, but it was still beautiful. He ran to my side, setting the guitar aside. "I wrote that when we first got in the plane. On our way to London. Claire, you have my heart. I swear it's always been you, always. No one else conpares" said Luke, bending down to kiss me. My strength was fading, but I managed to kiss him back. His tears mingled in with myn, drooping onto our lips. I pulled away, knowing I was fading. "Luke.... A letter... I wrote... It's on my... Bedside.... You.. Must.. Read," I said breathlessly, seeing Luke's image fade away. My heart had given up, its pumps slowed. I was a mess on the inside, but I knew one thing, I was loved. As I fell into an eternal sleep, I formed my last words. "Luke.. I ... love you," I mumbeled. I managed a 'Thank you' too, and felt Luke's lips on mine for the last time. "I love you more, Mrs.Hemmings," All went black.

Luke's POV

I sat there numbly, watching Claire fade away. As her heart slowed, the machines began to wail, making eager doctors scurry in. Tears slid down my face, and I just SAT there, watching them try to save her. They knew Claire was going to die, why did they NOW try to save her. I stood up madly, knocking down a doctor. I walked out, sliding against the wall. The band mates and the girls stood outside, eyes puffy. Seeing me was all they needed. They all crashed around me, and we all cried.

Authors POV

HEYYYY :) So please don't hate me!!!! Also, I know that clearly Luke did not write 'Wherever You Are' on the plane, but I wanted it to be that way..... soo... there's more to come!!!!!! I know!!!! I'm sorry :,( :,( LAIRE FOREVER <3 I love you all heaps!!! Xx Rebecca