Picnic

Luke's POV

Grace and I sat under a shaded tree on our backs, starring at the white patches of clouds drifting in the air. She pointed to a cloud and giggled, throwing her hands behind her head and stretching. "It looks like a train" she said, and I glanced up, seeing a box like cloud slowly drift away into the blue sky. I smiled, picturing Claire's angelic face form in a cloud, but it was dusted away to soon by the wind. I frowned. Grace continued to point at clouds, telling me what he thought they looked like. I was touring with the boys soon and man was I happy. It was a distraction from everything, to pick up my guitar and sing to adoring fans, to forget my pain for just a little on stage.

I looked to my left to see Grace on her side starring at me, wonder in her muddy brown eyes. She resembled Claire so much it hurt, and I wondered if that's the only reason I stayed to talk to her, to see my almost Claire again. I turned to my side to stare back and saw her cheeks turn a scarlet red, to which we both sat on our sides starring like idiots. I took in her features, the slope of her nose like Claire's with soft pink lips that she bit on habit. Her brown hair that swooped to her right side of her face and hung as loose bangs, just like Claire. I reached out and tucked her bangs behind her ear without thinking, and I saw Grace flinch but not protest against me. I let my hand linger down her face and to her lips, stopping just shy of her upper lip. I saw Grace's face taunt with anticipation waiting for me to go past the boundaries, her face leaned into my touch and her breath quickened. I left my hand lingering on her face as I stared at her face, and all I saw was Claire. That's all I would ever see looking at this girl, and right now my pain over losing Claire was like a nail into my eyeball. It hurt so bad it took up my every thought of my every day, and this girl in front of me looked like Claire, hell, maybe she was Claire.

I leaned forward and smashed my lips on Claire's imagining the giggle she always did when I kissed her. Claire's hands explored my hair and chest and kissed her with all the passion and hurt I've had for the past years. I opened my eyes and saw muddy brown eyes, but they weren't exactly Claire's. No, this was not Claire, I was kissing Grace! I launched myself off of her, gasping from the activities and I bolted up, seeing hurt course through her eyes. I turned and ran, not looking back at Grace, who looked like Claire, who was the reason I could not sleep anymore.