She didn't play in middle school [4]

Taiga

Yawn! Man, I've been playing basketball after practice with Aya for two straight days. It's worning me out! Gah, I need to be prepared to battle Shutoku and beat the shit out of Midorima again! I fist pumped and grinned by myself.

"Good morning" someone said from behind me. I was startled to see it was Kuroko. Surprise, surprise. I never get used to him! "Good morning Taicchi!" someone greeted from in front of me. "Gah!" I jolted away from in front and saw Aya smiling at me with her abnormally happy smile. How can she have full energy this early this morning? "Hey both of you..." I said as the two looked at me. "Stop startling me okay!" I shouted. I blinked and saw them walking together already, talking how loud I was in the morning. Why those two midgets!

Aya

"He's always that loud?" I asked Kuroko again who just nodded simply while reading a book. How can he read while he walks? Doesn't he get dizzy or something? I looked at him and noticed his light blue hair. I had the urge to ruffle it but nah, we're not even that close. "Aya-san" he spoke. "Yeah?" I asked him. "How do you feel about basketball?" he suddenly asked me out of nowhere. I thought for a second. What do I feel about basketball anyway? Ah! "Well, whenever I play basketball, I feel like I could fly, you know, whenever I jump" I answered smiling. "Do you... remember something when you play?" he asked again. Why is he suddenly asking me this? "Hm, let me think" I tap my chin. Flashbacks of a red haired guy and colorful floating balls appear, what's that supposed to mean? "I remember colors" I informed him. "Colors?" he wondered. "Yeah, colorful balls floating around me!" I answered. Is it me, or did he just sweat drop and his face turning purple. "Okay, I'll see you around" he suddenly disappeared with a blink of an eye. Where'd he go?

I checked the board to see my class, hm, I wonder who my classmates are. I went to my classroom and was surprised to see Tetsuya and Taiga in my class. "Taicchi, Kuroko-kun!" I greeted them as I saw Taicchi grimace. "Why do I have to have a nickname and he doesn't?!" Taicchi complained. He always complains. Tetsuya said something which I didn't hear. "I can't believe we're all classmates!" I shrieked giving them bone crushing hugs making Taicchi complain again. He always does that!

Taiga (AGAIN)

"She has a nickname for me" Kuroko whispered after I complained about Aya's ridiculous nickname for me. I think that was meant for me though. And he still hasn't told me about how they met. What? I'm curious. "I can't believe we're all classmates!" she both gave us bone crushing hugs. Is she trying to suffocate me?!

“All right class” the teacher entered as the students went to their seats. “We have new student here” he announced and looked at Aya. “Would you mind introducing yourself?” Aya smiled and nodded. Don’t her cheeks hurt from all the smiling?

“Konnichiwa mina!” she greeted with a smile, again. She was full of energy. It’s like she hasn’t played basketball last night! Where does she get it anyway? “I’m Aya Tsubasa, it’s nice to meet you all!” she said and finished off with a bow. After that, guys in our class started to whisper about how cute she is and how they wanted to date her. Losers.

“All right Aya, why don’t you sit beside Taiga over there” the teacher told Aya, pointing beside the vacant desk beside me. You’ve got to be kidding me! I groaned looking at her as she skipped towards beside me. “Taicchi!” she chirped holding her palm up. I heard laughter around us after hearing her nickname for me. “What’s so funny?” she wondered. “Just sit already” is the only thing I told her and so she did.

Third person’s POV

After classes Aya followed Taiga who was with Tetsuya and invited him to play basketball again. She enjoys playing with him. ‘He’s a natural at it!’ she thought. “C’mon Taicchi let’s play!” she insisted getting a hold of his arm. “What are you talking about, I still have practice to attend to” he told her merely getting annoyed. “What?” she asked him. “Practice, basketball practice” he answered. “Oh, so that’s why you’re good at basketball” she said with awe. Sweat drop appeared on Taiga’s head as he stared at the girl annoyingly. “Can I watch you play Taicchi? Please!!” sparks appeared around her head as she pleaded. “If you’ll behave then fine” he sighed. “Yay! How about you Tetsuya? Do you play basketball too?” she asked the phantom who was beside Taiga. Taiga didn’t notice him until Aya spoke to him. “S-Since when did you get there?!” he stammered, shocked. “He’s been there the whole time Taicchi” “WHAT?!” Aya laughed at Taiga’s expression as he frowned. “How come you notice him and I don’t?!” “I don’t know we’re two different persons Taicchi” she giggled and smiled.

‘She didn’t change at all’ Tetsuya thought to himself.

“Wow, so this is what it looks like inside the gym” Aya looked around the big building. Taiga looked at her curiously. “What, you haven’t been in one before?” he asked her. “Not that I remember of” she replied. “I never liked sports before, well except for basketball, but I never tried out for the team” Tetsuya heard this that put a sad look on his face. They heard a whistle blow turning their attention to the coach, Riko Aida.

“All right Seirin! Get ready for our training!” she ordered as the players positioned themselves. “Ano, senpai…” Coach Aida was surprised to see a violet haired girl right in front of her without her noticing it. “GAHHHH!” she screamed startled to see Aya in front of her. “Uh…?” a big question mark floated above Aya’s head. “Coach! Are you alright!” Junpei came running towards their female coach. “HUH?” he was also surprised to see Aya there standing. ‘Where did she come from?’ he thought to himself.

“When did you…”Riko  pointed at the confused looking girl. “W-Who are you?” she stammered looking at the girl. “Uh, I’m Aya Tsubasa, senpai, and I just want to ask permission if I could watch the team practice” she asked nervously at the coach. Riko was still startled but agreed anyway. “Sure, you can watch at the benches”

“Arigato!” Aya surprised her with a hug. Riko felt warm inside her. This made her smile as Aya pulled away. She blushed when she saw the freshman smile at her. “You-You’re welcome” she smiled back.

While the others train, Aya sat on the bench with the coach as she watched the players practice. “Hm” she hummed as she saw Teppei and Taiga doing a one-on-one with Taiga holding the ball. “Is there something wrong Aya?” Riko saw the look on Aya’s face. She stared at the two players and suddenly yelled. “Taicchi over there! Over there! Run pass him!” she pointed at an opening. They all shot her confused looks; same with Taiga that causes Teppei steal the ball from him. “Gah! Stop distracting me! Look now he got the ball!” he yelled at Aya. “I was trying to help you!” she yelled back stomping a feet. “Why you--” “Kagami-kun” Tetsuya appeared suddenly. Taiga looked at him as he spoke. “She was pointing at an opening” “Opening?” “Yes, she was pointing where you can pass without losing the ball” Taiga still didn’t get it. ‘Idiot’ Tetsuya thought feeling hopeless in explaining it to Taiga.

Meanwhile…

‘She was pointing at an opening there’ Riko thought to herself, and looked at Aya. She watched the girl freshman who was eyeing the player’s moves while whispering something about the moves she saw. “Ano” Aya looked at the coach after she spoke. “Aya, are you, um, do you happen to be involve in basketball or something?” “Huh?” “Well, you seem to know much about the sport, did you happen to play when you were in middle school?” she asked her. “Oh, I wasn’t allowed to join sports during my middle school, but my brother used to play basketball so I just watch him play with his teammates” she answered smiling. But at the back of her head, she’s thinking of something during her middle school. “Why didn’t he allow you?” she asked, surprised. ‘Physically or not, she surprised me’. “I don’t know, maybe it’s because their afraid that my asthma would return” Aya answered. “I see” her coach smiled but couldn’t believe the girl wasn’t allowed to play any sports. She can see that Aya knows much in basketball.

“They look like they’re exhausted” Aya commented looking at the sweaty looking Seirin players. The players approached the bench to sit down for a while as Aya gave them the space to sit. “Here you go” Aya gave Taiga and Tetsuya towels for their sweat. “Thank you” they chorused taking the towel from her.

While the players rest, Aya was at the court holding a basketball in front of the ring. She was staring at it for a while and heard a voice in her head. ‘If you have the right angle, it’ll definitely shoot’ the voice said. “Angle…” she spoke.

“What’s she doing?” Junpei wondered looking at Aya with his other teammates. “Uh” Taiga examined the girl’s posture. ‘She’s going to shoot?’ he thought to himself. They were surprised to see Aya doing a perfect shot. ‘what?!’ they gasped as Aya turned her face to them.

“How can she be so good if she didn’t play in her middle school?” Riko said staring at Aya in disbelief.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina! :3 How's this chapter? :D i hope it doesn't suck! enjoy! (: