Stubborn [44]

"Tetsu!!!" Daiki shouted, seeing his teammate collapse on the floor after one of their opponents did a foul on him. Tetsuya's sweaty body met the floor, leaving him unconscious there. The referee blew his whistle. "Foul!" he announced. 

"Oi, Tetsu!" Daiki approached his teammate, putting his head on his lap. Tetsuya's eyes were closed from exhaustion and his face was "accidentally" slapped at the face by the opponent. They all know they did it on purpose so Tetsuya couldn't play anymore. For them, he was a threat because his passes were just incredible and they can't even see them. 

They had a time-out, as all of the Teiko members surrounded Tetsuya who was lying on the benches in the locker room. Aya finished tying the bandage around his head and stood up not saying anything. She left her teammate letting Ryota and the other take his side. 

"Kurokocchi! Daijobu?" Ryota asked worried, kneeling beside him with the others. 

Akashi glanced at Aya who was putting on her jersey uniform, not saying any word. She tied her hair and put her playing shoes on. "Aya..." he called her, walking over to her spot. She didn't say anything and continued putting her shoes on. "Aya." he called her again, putting his hand on her shoulder as she yanked it off. 

"Don't you dare stop me," she hissed, giving Akashi an icy cold glare. Her personality wasn't the usual. She was a cheerful and a heartwarming person, but now, she's changed. Her normal looks that usually planted a smile on their face was now a cold glare that gave them the chills. Even Akashi shivered a bit. 

"Aya--" Aya walked out the locker room and as soon as the match resumed. Her skill level increased. No one could stop her in scoring. She was too fast. Too good. Too strong. Some called her a monster.

TETSUYA.

Swoosh. Hyuga-senpai scored another three pointer increasing the point gap between our score to Kirisaki Daichi. We gave him a high five and prepared for defense for the ball was now at Kirisaki Daichi's players.

I guarded one of the players which I predicted that he was the one that will catch the ball. The ball was thrown to him so I got ready to steal but then I heard a voice. "Kuroko," I froze. The player who I was guarding swift pass me and scored. His movement caused me to fall down the ground, still frozen on my spot. 

I shook my head trying to focus, and pushed myself from the floor. I took a step forward and felt my ankle burn. I held it, trying to ease the pain but it was increasing. He nudged my foot when he passed. "Kuroko! Are you okay?!" Taiga was about to approach me.

While I caught the attention of the others, the opponent scored.

"Oi! Time-out!" I heard Coach's voice say. Taiga helped me up, putting my arm on his shoulders with Teppei-san at the other side. They let me sit on the bench as Coach checked my ankle, removing my shoes and socks.

"It has a sprain," She informed me. "You can't continue to play--" "NO" I protested. She looked taken back at my answer. "Coach please, I want to play. If I don't who's going to take my place in the passing? You need me in the game right now! so please," I pleaded.

Coach sighed and closed her eyes then reopened it. "If winning this game means that you have to injure your ankle more, then no thanks Kuroko-kun. I'm sorry I'm not going to do that..."

My head collapsed as I stared hopelessly at the floor.

AYA.

I looked at Kuro-chan who had his head down for a while now. My fist suddenly clenched, gripping the towel I was holding. Why did this have to happen to Kuro-chan? I don't understand... He was playing okay a while a go--My head shot at Hanamiya's direction. His face had a mocking expression, grinning at me.