Aya's basketball [35]

"She's going to play?" Daiki was surprised to see Aya walking with the team towards the court. Both of her hands had wrist bands and so were her ankles.

"I've figured she'd do" Akashi closed his eyes and re-opened them looking at her. "Just be careful" he muttered to himself.

"Did you say something?" Daiki asked, cupping his ear. Akashi shook his head and went to the court to continue the game. He noticed Aya's eyes were closed as she inhaled and exhaled while adjusting her wrist bands.

"That technique of hers..." he was expecting for her eyes to change into something far different from her personality but it didn't, her eyes remained the same. "I guess she's not going to use it this early," he told himself.

Shintaro heard this and looked at Aya. "I never thought that I'd be playing against her again," he spoke.

The game started with the GoM's ball with Seirin on defense. With their game continued, seirin caught up with the GoM and is 9 points behind. Aya, Taiga and Tetsuya made a great trio. And Teppei guarded the center well.

Ryota got the ball and gave it to Daiki as he ran towards the ring when Taiga blocked him making him do a formless shot but he was surprised that the ball disappeared from his hands.

He looked to his left and saw Aya swat the ball from his hands as their feet landed on the ground. He stared at her eyes widened as the seirin players watched in awe. She tossed the ball across the court where Taiga was doing a fast break running with Teppei and Izuki.

Taiga almost caught the ball when Akashi got it and ran pass him. "Damn!" he cursed and ran after him as they ran towards the other side of the court. Aya blocked Akashi but he swifted pass her quickly and did a quick shot.

Startled, she smoothened herself and closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened them and seemed to be a different person now. "Oi, what's up with Aya?" Taiga asked as Tetsuya examined her face expression.

"She's..." Tetsuya spoke. "What?" "Mina" Tetsuya called his senpais as they all looked at him giving their attention. "From now on, please let Aya do all of the scoring if you can," he requested.

"What?! Why?!" Taiga protested. "She can't score on her own! Remember she has asthma! If she pushes herself too much--" "She won't" Tetsuya cut him off. "Everything is balanced when she's like this" he continued.

"What do you mean Tetsuya?" Teppei inquired.

"Everything is balanced when," Tetsuya paused. "Aya's in her zone."

"What do you mean by balanced?" Taiga questioned raising an eyebrow at Tetsuya. The phantom looked at him then back at Aya. "You'll see," he replied and proceeded to do offense with Aya whose currently their shooting guard.

Tetsuya passed the ball to Aya who immediately run pass Ryota leaving him startled as she made her way to the ring. Akashi quickly blocked her but she passed him without him letting to move. She did a lay-out shot and her feet met the ground.

"What was that?!" Taiga exclaimed in disbelief gaping at Aya.

"She's balanced," Tetsuya replied. "And what I mean is, all of her statuses are" he continued. "Physical, Stamina, Technique, Mental Strength, and Special Ability. All of those are balanced and all ranked to 10." he looked at Taiga. 

"I see," Taiga gulped and looked at Aya. 'So that's how she plays'

"She doesn't care about her surroundings anymore. She's only focused on her job. Scoring. So we have to support her in her play. Her basketball play," Tetsuya said. "This is how Aya's basketball works."