Exams first! [7]

NEXT MORNING.

Aya was fast asleep, her head rested on her desk while holding the magazine. Her brother Yamato entered her room and saw her sleeping figure. "Oi Aya! Wake up! You're going to be late for school!" he yelled waking her up. "Huh, Ohayo Nii-san" she greeted him rubbing her eyes, still sleepy. "Don't Ohayo me! You're late for school!" Her brother yelled again widening her eyes. She checked her clock and screamed at the time. "I'm late for school!" she shrieked running towards the bathroom doing a quick shower. Yamato noticed the magazine she left on her desk. His eyes widened at first then relaxed. 'I guess I can't hide it forever' he thought.

TIME SKIP.

"I'm late! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" Aya chanted sprinting her way to school. She finally reached the gate and ran to her classroom. She happens to trip on her way while taking the stairs then finally arrived at her classroom.  "Sorry I'm late!" she exclaimed opening the classroom door. She catches everyone's attention. "Uh Aya, you're 2 minutes late, take your seat and we'll be discussing some lessons for your upcoming exam" the teacher ordered as she followed his instructions. She sat on her chair and yawned. "Someone's lost her energy" Taiga commented his cheek resting on his palm. "Shut up Taicchi, I'm tired" Aya snapped. She can be cranky when she's tired. The teacher started discussing something making Aya and Taiga drift off to sleep. After minutes of 'boring discussion' as what Taiga describes it; the teacher noticed the two and threw two small chalks on their forehead.

"Ow" the two chorused waking up and rubbing their foreheads. "Looks like there's a couple sleeping here" the teacher snapped looking at the two. "What are you talking about sensei? I and Taicchi are not a couple" Aya whined still sleepy and rubbing her forehead still. "If you two don't pay attention, you'll be having a hard time in the upcoming exams" the teacher warned them but they didn't care at all. "Eh? Whatever" Aya mumbled not caring of the circumstances. Taiga just drifted to sleep again while the teacher continued.

LUNCH TIME.

Taiga was eating tons of breads again. It was normal; Tetsuya shook his head at his big appetite while Aya watch him in awe. "Wow, Taicchi has a big stomach" she smiled poking Taiga's abdomen. "Oi, don't do that again!" he complained. Aya smirked and ignored his complain, instead continued to do so. "I said don't do that again!" he repeated, jolting away from her. He's ticklish at that area. She continued doing so until Taiga fell from his chair and bumped his head on the window, making his eyes swirl. Aya had enough and now turned to Tetsuya. "Kuro-chan! Why do you eat so little?" she asked smiling at him. "Mm, I have a small appetite" he explained bluntly. "Milk and a sandwich only for lunch? Don't you get hungry?" she asked again. "Like I said Aya-san, I have a small appetite" he repeated. "Oh, okay" "Oi you!" Taiga glared at Aya. Before he could speak again, Aya stuck bread in his mouth preventing him from talking again. "Just eat Taicchi" she muttered continuing eating her melon bread and mango drink.

PRACTICE.

The Seirin players started to practice for their match with a help of slight coaching from Aya. She thought them about the style her brother used to use. He's a former basketball player you see. She also took advantage of the moves she dreamt about. "Keep your formation! And don't let anyone break your defense!" Aya ordered the team. "You're very good in coaching Aya" Riko complimented causing Aya to blush. "Uh, I only use the type of style my brother used to do with is team" she scratched the back of her head blushing. 'Kawaii' Riko thought and had the urge to pinch Aya's cheeks but she restrained. "Okay mina, gather round" Riko clapped her hands two times, gathering everyone's attention. "I know you guys are all pumped up in our next match against Shutoku" she started. "But..." she paused. “We still have to pass our upcoming exams!" she gave a serious face. Aya just watched her nonchalantly stroking Kuro-chan #2's fur that calms him down.

"I don't get it, why do we have to pass the exams? It's not like it has an affect--" "OF COURSE IT DOES!" Riko cut Aya off pointing at the violet haired girl. "If we don't pass the exams, then we won't be able to attend any games!" she explained. 'Eh?' Aya thought. 'That's stupid...' "So we have to pay attention to our lessons!" Riko stated. "So, we have to take an exam first before we fight Shutoku?" Aya confirmed receiving a nod from Riko. "Aw that sucks, I'm really excited to know what the shooter of the Generation of Miracles is like" she pouted her eyes turning into a line in boredom. "Aya-san, do you know who he is?" Tetsuya asked her. "Yeah, Shintaro Midorima right? I heard he depends his shots on his luck for the day. That's pretty stupid" she grinned laughing at the green haired shooter. 'Just like before, she says that' Tetsuya thought.

"All right, before we have to face Shutoku" Riko said. "We have to face the exams first!" she smirked. "Hai!" the players all replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing interesting really happened in this chapter >_< I hope you guys like it!