Seirin's New Manager [5]

“Mina…” Aya looked at them curiously. “You said you didn’t play during middle school!” Riko said still surprised. Aya scratched the back of her head. “I didn’t” she said. Tetsuya just stared at her with his normal emotionless face and listened to her. ‘He didn’t tell her’ he thought. “I don’t know why but when I watch teenagers play basketball at our street court I always had the urge to join them” she reasoned.

Riko and the other players were still silent and just looked at the girl. “Uh” Riko snapped out of her thoughts. “Alright team, let’s continue practicing, Aya, can I talk to you for a second?” Riko said gesturing over to the bench. Aya approached her before Riko talked to her.

“Oi Tetsuya” Taiga called his teammate catching his attention. “You told me you know her right?” he asked as Tetsuya nodded. “How did you know her anyway? And what’s up with her skill in basketball if she didn’t play anything during middle school?” he asked the questions running through his head. Tetsuya’s face turned serious even though Taiga couldn’t tell. (He has the same expression as the others). There was a long pause before Tetsuya spoke: “I’ll tell you sometime”

“Manager?” Aya wondered looking at the coach who smiled at her. “Uh huh” she smiled. “You’re pretty good when it comes to basketball so I figured you can be teach some of your knowledge to the team, you know, if it’s okay with you” she answered sheepishly. “Okay” Aya agreed. “Really?” Riko widened her eyes feeling a bit excited. “Of course” Aya smiled. “Besides…” she looked at the court. “Basketball helps me remember my past…” she mentioned quietly.

“Remember your past?” Riko wondered. ‘What does she mean by that?’ she thought.

“Well, I don’t really remember my middle school times” Aya reasoned scratching the back of her head.

Aya

“Well, I don’t really remember my middle school times” I reasoned scratching the back of my head.

I open my eyes, finding myself on a hospital bed. I was in a hospital room. My head was bandaged, I felt my whole body ache, my leg was in cast and my head hurts. I saw a red haired guy sleeping beside my bed. He held my hand in his as he slept loudly. I tried to move but my body failed me. The only thing I could feel is my hand and fingers. My hand made its way the teen’s face as I caressed his cheek. ‘Who is he?’ I thought myself as I examined his sleeping face. His eyes suddenly opened and saw my finger moving. He was surprised at first but then started to talk. “A-Aya”

“W-Who are you?” I asked him as his face went down. He had a hurt expression on his face but he didn’t want me to see it so he turned around. The hospital door suddenly flew open revealing my brother, his eyes filled with tears, dropping a grocery bag he was carrying and ran over to me. “A-Aya” he cried hugging me. “Aya…” he sobbed. “Nii-chan, what happened?” I asked hugging him back. I looked over to the red haired guy and saw him exit the hospital room leaving me and my brother alone.

“Accident?” Riko wondered looking at me with a shocked expression. “Yeah, my brother told it was a car accident and that’s why he decided to put me to home school” I answered as coach listened attentively. She’s a great listener; I should give her some credit. “Nii-san was over protective so he from then on he never leave me alone, well except when going to the bathroom” I explained as Riko nodded. “I can relate my dad’s the same to me” she smiled. “But didn’t your brother tell you about your past?”

“Well he did, but I think he didn’t tell me all” I answered. “Why not?” she wondered looking curiously at me. “Well I’m not sure if he didn’t tell me all, because I always kept dreaming about colorful balls around me” I reasoned scratching the back of my head. Riko-senpai looked at me like I was crazy. “In other words, the memories he told you are… missing something? Like a puzzle?” I nodded and added: “And basketball helps that, I don’t know why” Coach Riko just nodded as I smiled at her. That’s weird; I remember smiling to a girl too. And no I’m not a lesbian…