Flashbacks [32]

SWEET MOMENTS OF AYA AND AKASHI :D

The players were practicing as usual and Aya was sitting at the bench, watching them play, with both of her hands cupping her cheeks. The only players left were the Generation of Miracles doing extra training as their coach has told them to do.

As the miracles finished training, Aya approached Akashi and walked with him towards the changing room asking him numerous questions that always seem to irritate him. "Aya, will you please stop following me now, I'm going to take a shower," he commanded. She suddenly stopped as he smirked at her. "Unless, you want to join me?"

"Ehhhh?? No in the heck way! I'm waiting at the gym!" she retorted blushing and stomped her feet while walking back to the gym. "Stupid Akashi! Always making me blush!" she complained to herself and suddenly pass by Shuzo who was at his way out. "Niji-kun!" she called him.

"Oh, Aya, you're still here," Shuzo replied stopping.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Aka-kun!" she beamed as Shuzo sighed. 

"You're really into giving everyone nicknames."

 Aya pouted. "What's wrong about that? All the nicknames I give are cute~" she complimented herself as Shuzo let out another sigh.

"You're always waiting for Akashi even though your brother's already graduated from Teiko, what's up with that?" he raised an eyebrow at her.

"What are you trying to say?" she did the same gesture. 

Shuzo let out a sigh again. "I'm saying, are you two dating or something?" with that Aya instantly blushed and looked away from the ex-captain of Teiko."Are you?"

"Shut up Niji-kun! I'm going!" she said and walked off with a "hmph". Shuzo shook his head at her childishness. "What is up with people asking me about Aka-kun?" she stomped and re-entered the gym. She saw their coach sitting on the bench as she joined him.

"Oh, Aya, you're still here, waiting for Seijuro as usual eh?" their coach smiled at her. She nodded and looked at the court. Looking at it drowned her with her thoughts. "What's up with the thinking Aya? Is there something bothering you?"

Aya snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the coach. "S-Sorry, what did you say?" she asked. 

"I was asking about what your thinking," the coach repeated, smiling at her. She gave a sly one back and uttered: "Nothing, it's nothing"

Akashi was done showering and was about to enter the gym when he heard his coach speak. "Hm, your words say it's nothing but your face..." the coach looked at her. "Tell me, what's wrong Aya?"

"It's nothing, coach, I just thought of something..." she trailed off.

"Aya, tell me, c'mon I'm like your 2nd dad, you can tell me anything," the coach assured giving her a warm smile. She smiled back and looked back at her fingers that were playing each other.

"Well, I just thought... you know, I thought how it feels like to play in competitions, you know... with the  team" she smiled sadly. "How does it feel to play basketball with the team in tournaments" She can't join the basketball club for boys and even play in their games. She just watch "Aya--" her coach looked at her worriedly. "No it's fine coach, I'm okay, don't worry" she smiled. "I'm not gonna--" she sighed. "I'm okay"

Akashi had a sad look and knocked on the door catching Aya and the coach's attention. "Oh, Aka-kun's done, I'll see you tomorrow coach!" she waved goodbye and went over to Akashi as they both started to walk home together. "Hey, Aka-kun, is it okay for you to walk with me?" Aya mentioned. "I mean, nii-san told me that you always had your driver drive you to and from school everyday, even if you have practice. But now, you always walk with me"