Chapter Seven: Whore

Oh my gosh this chapter is so weird, Neal is introduced. For those who don't know, I'm currently writing his book: Knight w/ Shining Eyes, go check it out.

><><><><><

Chapter Seven: Whore

Skylar's POV

—————

"Fucking faggot" Jack spat out landing another kick in my stomach. I gasped out of air and wrapped my hands under my knees bringing them to my chest trying to ease the urging pain in my stomach. But before I could think another kick landed in the same making tears well up in my eyes and a loud groan of pain escaped me.

I didn't know why Jack had a mission to hurt me -bully- but I wasn't really mad at him, he was just an ordinary guy with some issues.

--

      I hid under my light grey blankets sniffling slightly. My torso hurt a lot from when Jack kicked me in the library. I had told Darien I was fine and he let it go taking me home and ordering some chinese food for us, right now he was paying the delivery guy and I could hear his footsteps as he opened the door placing the small little cardboard box on top of my drawer and sitting right next to me making the bed creak.

      "Skylar? Tell me what's wrong," He whispered and I groaned turning around to face him as tears welled up again. I want Neal to come home, he was the only one that understood the pain of being bullied. Dee never went to school which is why he couldn't get a job easily but even then he never really went through with school.

      "Nothing bad, I promise. Can we eat?" I whispered softly, Darien narrowed his eyes suspiciously before letting out a defeated sigh and nodding reaching over to give me the small box with chopsticks as he ate his food. He wouldn't be able to do anything, I doubt he actually cares.

      The phone rang and Darien got up to get it leaving my bedroom door open so that I could hear his conversation, he said 'okay' three times then hung up walking back into my room and sighing heavily.

      "Well things didn't work out with Brody's parents so they'll be home in a few minutes," he stated and I saw a hint of defeat in his eyes but I didn't push about the subject. A few minutes passed rather fast and I heard Dayon and Brody opening the door to the house, I got up with the blanket wrapped around my body and walked to meet Dayon at the front door - Darien right behind me the entire time.

     "I want to see Neal." I stated once I reached Dayon and his eyes widened before he smiled softly and nodded slowly at my request.

     "Okay, I'll call him to come over as soon as he can," he said and glared at Brody who looked like he was going to retort. Brody was the one that kicked him out in the first place.

The one thing I hated him for.

      I sat down in the couch and Dayon sat down next to me as he called Neal on his phone, I could feel the bruises on my torso starting to form. Every limb in my body forcing me to stay still to not make the pain any worse than it already was. Dayon combed his hands through my hair and I looked over to see Darien and Brody talking.

      Brody was whispering to Darien in quiet-secretive kind of way. I felt sorry for not telling Darien, he might have really cared and I just showed him that I didn't trust him, it just made a deep pool of guiltiness start forming inside of me.

-------

      I could hear the rumble of the truck outside as the door opened and slammed shut then the opening of the door as Neal walked in. His dark green eyes had changed, at the beginning they were cold and dead but they were becoming lighter little by little, he had a lighter skin tan that made his once dark brown hair black making him look like a sort of emo-ish. His hair reached his shoulders and only covered parts of his eyes.