Chapter Eight: Ninja

I am not going to lie, this chapter is particularly sucky so just a fair warning. You can actually simply skip this chapter. It is also extremely short.

Chapter Eight: Ninja

Darien's POV

—————

      I looked at Skylar from the edge of his bed pretending to eat the Chinese food that I had ordered. Chew, stop, chew, stop, don't swallow. Skylar was avoiding me trying to cover up his body with his fluffy blanket while he slowly ate his food as well. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even trying because he kept moving his chopsticks in the noodles, pulling out and dumping back in.

      He could be at least told me that he didn't like Chinese food, I would have ordered pizza. I narrowed my eyes at his unmoving figure under the blanket. It was like he was afraid to move. His body was stiff and sometimes I had to be extra quiet to make sure that he was still breathing.

      Why didn't he just tell me what was wrong? Did he not trust me? That wasn't the only question that was going through my head what I really wanted to know was: What happened in the library!?

       He seemed so sad, so broken. I sighed and went to go pick up the phone which was ringing down the hallway.

     "Hey sorry buddy but we're going back home. My parents didn't take to well with Dayon but the wedding isn't stalled." Brody said and I agreed hanging up and going back to Skylar. I had asked Skylar what was wrong when we had gotten to Brody's home but he refused to answer me. A dull thought crossed over my mind, I guess that he really doesn't like me and its all just a really good fantasy that my head made up.

      Dayon and Brody came home and Skylar scurried out of the bed and down the stairs to see his brother asking him to call his other brother which Brody kicked out for reasons unknown to me.

      Brody sat down next to me in the farthest couch as Dayon and Skylar sat by the couch closest to the door as Dayon talked through the phone.

      I was gonna ask what was wrong with Brody and Dayon since they weren't talking but then a loud engine interrupted me. There was a slam of a door and then the door to brody house opened and closed as someone entered the house. Doesn't he knock?

      Neal, I'm presuming had a lean and fit body with black hair that reached his shoulders and pale skin with dark green eyes that shined in contrast against his skin and hear. His eyes seemed sad, almost dead. He was able to get the secret out of a Skylar and I had to hold back from killing someone mainly because the thought of Skylar not yet having the ability to trust me was filling me with anger. But not for Skylar, but for whomever made him insecure enough not to trust me

      Brody whispered for me to calm down and damn did I try my hardest bit clearly I wasn't trying hard enough. Neal bandaged up Skylar in a moments though, leaning upward and sending me a smirk before looking back down at his brother. I gulped as my body became the nervous system. Don't tell me...that he knew that I liked his brother?

      Oh shoot, he's like a fucking assassin ninja that knows all of these types of killing methods and now he knows that I'm hitting on his brother!? And his younger, precious brother at that. I let out a relived sigh when he left but I felt myself holding it in again when Dayon and Skylar passed me and Brody in order to get some sleep.

Why doesn't he trust me yet?

------

      I sighed and checked my phone.

12:55 P.M.

      I rolled over in the couch of the living room, Brody had told me to stay since tomorrow he and Dayon were going to get a few material that they still needed for their wedding early and they wanted me to keep an eye on Skylar.

Please, he doesn't even trust me yet.

      Brody has told me why he had kicked out Neal from his House. It was because when Dayon had become his Dom and years passed they moved in but Neal refused saying that he couldn't protect the family when they were living with someone else.

     Also Neal had threatened Brody with moving out of the state and taking Dayon and Skylar with him. I'm just glad he didn't, but still why am I so happy?

      Its not like Skylar will ever harbor the same feelings that I do for him.

       And if he did ever show me just a bit that he wanted to be with me I would hold onto to him. I just wanted to know;

Was he worth waiting for?

><><><><><

Yes I know- Short.

Hoped you liked. And because it was so exceptionally short I'll be updating the next chapter today as well because let's admit it, this chapter was bad.

<3