Letting Things Go

I woke up with a pounding headache and a very strong desire to puke. I rolled out of bed and fell onto the ground. I could feel my stomach heaving and I let out a groan, scrambling to my feet and throwing myself into the bathroom.

An hour later, after I finished puking and showering, I came out of the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen, glancing up to see what time it was. It was only eight o'clock, on a Saturday! My sleeping day had gone too waste. I tried to remember everything that had happened last night, but everything was a little blurry in my memory. I remembered my embarrassing confession to Alex though.

"I'm so dumb," I said out loud.

Ace walked in, rolling his eyes at me. He was dressed in tracksuit bottoms, and that was it. I allowed myself a few moments to take in his glorious body before sighing and making myself a big mug of steaming hot tea.

"I bet you have one killer headache," Ace snorted.

I glowered at him, rubbing my temples. Why wasn't he hung-over? It was unfair that he had missed the drinking game. If he'd stayed, he could've carried me home and I could have not admitted that I was still very much in love with my ex boyfriend. And so I slid onto a stool and just glared at him whilst he made himself a big bowl of cereal,

"What?" he asked. raising his brows.

"You left Cam and I," I said.

He smirked at me and came to sit beside me, "well, I am very glad I did. You see, instead of waking up with a killer hangover, I woke up with my girlfriend beside me. Pretty great, if you ask me."

I finished my tea in three big gulps and shook my head at him. He just laughed and grabbed a newspaper, pulling it toward him.

***

Cam and I were sitting on his bed, watching the Lion King on his laptop. It was nice and dark in his room, the only sound was the movie playing softly. It was the best cure for a hangover, Cam had assured me, and I was starting to believe him. We both had watery eyes when Simba lost his dad, although we were pretending not to.

There was a knock on the door and Zac walked in, dressed in a pair of jeans and a tight black shirt. He sighed when he saw how emotional we were.

"Please don't get drunk again," Zac told us, "What are you even crying about?"

"Manly things," Cam said gruffly, quickly shutting his laptop and walking to Zac. I pouted, not looking forward to having to walk. My head hurt when I moved. I really shouldn't get drunk. I grabbed Cam's hand and he pulled me out into the living room. Selena and Alex were sitting on a sofa, two glasses of water in front of them. Ugh no, I was too hung-over to talk to them.

I tried to retreat quickly back into Cam's room, but Ace was suddenly behind me. I was trapped. Scowling I walked to sit opposite the couple, crossing my arms. Ace came to sit beside me, Zac on my other side and Cam perched on top of the arm rest. I noticed that Selena nestled a little closer to Alex and I wondered if Alex had told her what I said last night,

"So, Alex. How long have you been dating Selena now?" Ace demanded.

Alex gulped and looked at me, as if he was expecting me to say something. I wasn't going to defend a hair on his head. The boys could have as much fun with them as they liked. My loyalty was simply with the Zac's.

"Um, like a month... maybe more. Ever since Serena moved in here," Alex swallowed.

Cam jumped in next. He leaned forward, licking his lips and took in Selena. I saw her clasp Alex's hands tightly between her own, her eyes wide.