A Beautiful Wedding Speech

We were at the wedding reception. I was talking to Cam and Zac. Ace was really mad at me, but then again when wasn't he? He thought being a bridesmaid for my sister was absolutely ludicrous. It was, I agreed with him. But it was so hard to stand up to my sister. He didn't understand what it was like, having a girl like Selena to be your twin.

It was a warm day, the sun warming our backs. They'd chosen to have it at the Blue Hotel, where Alexs' mom worked as a receptionist. I bet they'd gotten a discount. Selena had decorated it very prettily though. There was a small round room inside where people could sit, but most people were outside.

It was set up for the dinner already. There was one long table, on a higher platform than the rest. I guessed that was where Selena and Alex were sitting. I counted the seats and I realized I would be sitting there too. I groaned inwardly, but luckily they had been thoughtful enough to let the Zac brothers sit there too. At least I wouldn't face the fire alone. I was already dreading the toasts to the happy couple.

A waitress came round with snacks and drinks. I picked an orange juice, very much aware that everybody was examining my movements very carefully. Cam took the wine and chugged half the glass down before angrily turning back to the Phone. He was in a text war with Lee, as usual. I sighed a little at Zac who shrugged at me.

"Can you believe this chick?" Cam snarled, and showed me a message.

DN'T TYPE IN CAPS AT ME U ASSFACE!!!!!!!!! I H8 U! WE R SO OVER! I DN'T EVEN LIKE UR HAIRSTYLE

Zac snorted loudly and slapped his knee. A few people turned toward us curiously and Zac stuck out his tongue. I smacked his stomach; that was my family after all. It ended up doing more damage to my hand than something else, but Zac looked suitably chastened.

My mom walked over elegantly and raised her blonde brows at us, "'how are you three doing? I notice Ace is making conversation with your grandfather."

My grandfather? He was the grumpiest man alive. Like even Ace, who constantly looked as if he was tasting something sour, could not beat that man. The only thing he hated more than life, was people. But funnily enough he was actually smiling at Ace. Smiling! My grandfather hadn't smiled in centuries- no eras.

"Sorry, ma'am, I gotta take this," Cam slapped his drink into Zacs hand and answered his ringing Phone.

Zac had barely been able to catch the glass, and of course it tipped right over on his nice white dress shirt.

"Serena!" he whined, looking down at his red chest.

"I didn't do it!" I said.

My mom looked a little amused and glided away to make casual conversation with Alexs' mom. I didn't know much about getting stains out, but I did know that the sooner you got it out, the better. So I grabbed Zacs' hand and tugged him inside.

My fussy cousin Gladys, was in the ladies so I quickly darted into the men’s bathroom.