r e d

If there was one thing Zoey hated the most, it would be fear. She absolutely despised it, because in her opinion it made people weak. She wasn't the one to be scared. Yet she was.

Zoey came home around 10. Her head was spinning because of the text she had been receiving for almost a week now. The last text had been the one in which the stalker claimed that Zoey was his' and his' only. It was the last but she knew there were more to come. Shaking her head, she headed over to the bedroom. Working late shifts at the diner tired her and she wanted nothing more than to sleep. She felt like she was being stared at but then again, she had been feeling that for a long time now.

She quickly took her clothes off and grabbed her favorite shorts and a loose t-shirt. She skipped shower and after doing her nightly rituals, she headed for the bed. But sleep wasn't coming easy to her, not today at least. Because when she pulled the covers off, she gasped and moved back. There was her underwear lying. The same one that went missing when she was loading the laundry two days ago. She took it in her hands, and with trembling fingers, grabbed the sticky note lying there. It read: "you look so sexy in red. When will you wear it for me, baby?"

She was breathing rapidly and a thick layer of sweat was forming on her forehead. She quickly unlocked her phone. Staying at Lucy's was the best option at the moment. But there was a message from an unknown number. She knew better than to open it. But she didn't want to face the consequences of not opening it either. She clicked on the message icon. It read: "red shorts? I approve."

Then she heard a loud thud as if someone had jumped. Yet she was too scared to move.

She looked down at her shorts.

They were red.