e v e r y t h i n g

The bullet came from Sean's gun, and he was standing at the door with his arms stretched out and eyes wide, like he couldn't believe what he did. For a minute everything was silent, only Sean's heavy breathing could be heard. Until he fell to the floor with his body shaking and sobs so silent that not even his friends could hear in the dead night. This broke them out of the trance they were in and they quickly rushed to help him.

"Sean what happened?" Zoey began shaking him.

"Sean man what's wrong?" Colton sat beside him too, but Sean didn't budge. Zoey cupped his face in her hands and made him look up. His eyes were red and painful sobs were not letting the words come out of his mouth.

After much asking, he muttered one word, "Elliot".

"Elliot? What about him? What did that asshole do to you Sean?" Colton yelled, his hands balling up.

"H-he threatened that he was going to tell everyone who I was. And when I said I don't care, he tried to- he tried to -", his sobs were uncontrollable and it was hard for Zoey and Colton to decipher what exactly it was that Sean was saying. But Colton had had a hunch from quite some time. The way he avoided girls when they tried to get too friendly with him, or when he stared a little too long at Aaron, the guy from his Anthropology lectures. He had known Sean since they were little and watching him suffer like this only made Colton want to kill Elliot for doing whatever he had done.

"What did Elliot do to you? What do you mean? What was he going to tell everyone?" Zoey was so confused with what Sean had said.

"Please Sean tell me what happened," Colton whispered, tearing up himself. He hugged his best friend to tell him that he was safe, nothing could happen to him anymore. But it had, something had already happened.

"He attempted to rape me and when I tried to defend myself, he cut me right here," Sean cried, showing Colton the spot where he was bleeding from.

Zoey let out an audible gasp and she hugged Sean, who had calmed down just a tad bit since after his confession. The cut Sean had gotten was not very deep but just by assessing it, Colton knew his friend was going to need stitches.

"I'm so sorry guys. It's all because of me that you guys are so hurt today. I cannot apologize enough to you for this. If only I could take it all back and just avoid meeting y-" Zoey's rambling was cut off by Sean.

"You're our best friend Zo. How are you going to say that you shouldn't have been friends with us, huh? We love you, and it's not your fault that your best friend – well ex-best friend turned out to be a psycho killer. You mean so much to us. And you've helped us in every turn of our lives. So please don't feel guilty about this at all," Sean explained to her, caressing her face, "and I want to tell you guys something."

"I think we should call the cops before any of this," Colton said and both friends nodded.

The cops had come and each of them had to give their own statements. They had all said that it was self defence and it was an open-and-shut case since they had all the proofs and scars to show. Paramedics had cleaned them up. They had requested to see an image of Elliot who was on the run.

Zoey along with Colton and Sean had to stay in a hotel room for a few days while the cops were taking the cameras out of places where Lucy had put them to spy. The three friends sat together, with the TV playing in the background.

"What did you want to say Sean?" Zoey asked.

"I already know," Colton smiled at Sean, and Zoey looked in between them.

"What?" Sean teased Zoey, like he had always done.

"The thing that Colt knows but I don't."

"Colton what do you know that she does not know."

Colton shook his head and laughed.

"I'm gay," he announced to Zoey, who was not expecting it.

"Oh that's not what I expected but I'm happy that you could tell me about it," Zoey said smiling at him, and ruffled his hair. Sean threw a pillow at her and when Zoey ducked, and it hit Colton they knew that a pillow fight was about to take place. Fun was long overdue.

They were tired as they sat down, and Sean was about to pass out any second. However, Zoey didn't want it to end. Not only because she was having too much fun, but because she was scared of what the night means. It meant terror, dark and everything she now feared. She went out to the balcony and looked at the city in front of her. She turned around when she heard someone come in. When she saw it was Colton, she turned back around. He just stood there for a while before speaking.

"Pretty isn't it?" Colton smiled and glanced at her.

"Guys can you just confess your love for each other and then kiss or whatever," Sean said coming up to stand beside Zoey. His statement had made Zoey blush and look away.

"I thought you slept," Colton stared at him accusingly. Like he had interrupted something. Which he had.

"No, I woke up, couldn't sleep," Sean gave a tight-lipped smile and that's when Zoey knew that they were all feeling what she was feeling. Even though Lucy was dead, the fear would take a long time to die.

"Anyways, do it."

"You need to go away for that Sean."

"I'll just look away while you two do your thing. Tell me when you're done." And he actually turned around.

Colton looked at Zoey who was looking away. He touched her face and made her look.

"What Sean said was right you know."

"I am always right," Sean interrupted.

"Shut the hell up man," Colton whined making Zoey laugh.

"Holy smokes, I love you Zoey. I love you so damn much. You're like the most perfect girl any guy could want. And I just love you so freaking m-" Zoey cut him off by wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. He quickly responded and brought her closer till there was no space in between them.

"I love you too," she whispered after they had ended their kiss. Colton stole another kiss from her before looking back at Sean who was drifting to sleep while standing.

"We are done," Colton shook him awake.

"Oh god finally. That was long."

"Lets just go in."

"Thought you'd never ask," Sean said, linking arms with Colton and Zoey.

She let out a laugh. It may take some time but with friends like Sean and Colton, she knew she could fight any Lucy that came in her life.

the end 

this is officially the end of don't turn around. it was one hell of a ride but i am so happy it's over. i started writing this book when i was 15 and now here we are, 3 years later and i couldn't have imagined that this book would be the success it is. for some it might not be big, but let me tell you, this means the world to me.

for those who were there from the beginning, this is a special thanks to you. thank you for sticking by these 3 years. thank you for taking time out to read it. thank you for putting up with me when i did not update for months.

thank you to everyone who has read my book. i hope you enjoyed your journey, and i really hope you continue your support on my upcoming book "Concealed".

i love you all. take care and stay safe.

rabbiya.