g l i m p s e

dedicated to everyone who is so supportive of this book

Home is the name given to any place which makes one feel safe, like they belong. But in Zoey's case, she was finding it harder to call it home. After spending the night at Colton's where they did nothing but talk and watch movies, Zoey was once again alone. In her house. She had not received any messages or calls after she left with Colton yesterday. It was scary. Definitely worse than receiving any messages. The stalker had warned her not to tell anyone, but she had. Just when she started dozing off on her couch, her phone dinged with a message.

I see you're back. How was it at Colton's?

Zoey checked to see if any window was open, anywhere that would show the inside of her little apartment. But there was not even a single window that was not covered with the maroon curtains she had picked with the help of Sean. She peeked through the thin sliver that was showing her the outside world. There was a guy sitting on a bench, Zoey felt like he was the one she saw outside the school. The guy was small, his sweater looked loose on him and his face was covered by the hood. Just then she saw someone else. Someone she knew.

Elliot was standing not far from the bench too, and was intently staring at her apartment. Before she could observe anything else, her phone rang which startled Zoey.

"H-hello?" She asked, stammering partly due to the fact that she expected the stalker to call and partly because she was recovering from the loud ring in the pin drop silence.

"Hey Zo, are you alright?" It was Colton, who had been calling every hour to ask how she was doing. After assuring him that she was alright and everything was fine too, she hung up.

There was a message on her phone.

Were you trying to get a glimpse of me darling?

a/n this is a longer chapter. thanks for everyone who supports this book. i'm like 136 on short story and even though it doesn't seem that much of a success it is a big deal to me. thanks for making it happen y'all. keep reading and supporting. love y'all. cleo