p o p c o r n

dedicated to all my amazing readers who take precious time out of their lives to read, comment and vote on my story. you guys are the best!

Instead of running in and confronting Lucy about the phone in her hands, Zoey decided to test it out for herself. She sent a message to the stalker.

How do u know?

Lucy's phone didn't make a sound and she continued to work on it. The stalker didn't reply after that and Zoey walked into the kitchen. Lucy had just finished making popcorn.

"The popcorn is ready," she smiled at Zoey. Zoey looked down at her phone which had lit up due to Colton's message. Before Lucy could even get a glimpse of it, she picked the phone up. This action had, however, not gone unnoticed by her friend, who just smiled at Zoey in return. When they had put the movie on and sat down with popcorn, Zoey finally opened the message from Colton.

Colton: What happened?

Zoey wondered what had happened to Colton since he replied late. Often times Zoey had made fun of Colton since he always replied right away. "Don't you have a life to live?" Zoey would laugh. But this time it had taken Colton quite long to reply. She tried not to think too much about it and let it be. She already had too many things to worry about. As she was typing up a reply, Sean messaged.

Sean: can u check if Lucy has another phone around? And what messages are in there?

Zoey: WHY??

When there was no reply from Sean or Colton, Zoey decided it was up to her to finally figure out if Lucy was the stalker or not. This had been going on for too long and it was time for her to clean this mess up. She tipped the bowl of popcorn and it fell on the floor.

"Oh shit Luce, I'm so sorry," she said standing up brushing off her lap where all the popcorn had fallen.

"It's fine Zoey," Lucy gave her a comforting smile.

"I'll go get some more. You rest here, I'll be right back," Zoey told Lucy, sitting her down on the couch. As she walked into the kitchen, she felt so bad for doing this to her own best friend. Lucy had been through everything with her. She had been the shoulder that Zoey had cried on when her parents got a divorce. She had been the one to hold her bag when she spray-painted Brian's house. In every decision Zoey had ever made, she found Lucy standing right beside her. She felt so disgusting, doubting a friend that was always there for her. Is this how she was repaying her?

Not listening to her morals and her guilt, she walked into the kitchen. She put a packet of popcorn in the microwave and opened the cabinet where the other phone lied. She had seen Lucy put the phone there. When she opened it, however, it had one of those pattern locks. She tried the most common patterns. It was none of those. Just to humor herself, though, Zoey entered a Z pattern and the phone unlocked. Zoey's eyes widened at the discovery, and she quickly went in messages, where there was nothing except the one message Zoey had sent to the stalker. And another message by Elliot. Before she could open any of the messages, the microwave beeped signaling that the popcorn was done. She quickly took out the packet and opened it. While it was cooling down, she opened Elliot's message. There were screenshots of messages that took place between Sean, Zoey and Colton just a few minutes ago. She was about to open 'notes' to check for more information when she heard someone clear their throat. There was Lucy, standing with a deadly face and her arms crossed.

"What are you doing, Zoey?"

a/n so now u guys know. but be honest, did you guys expect it to be Lucy from the start? keep loving this book. love yall. c