d o u b t

It was one of the rare lunches where the four friends sat for lunch together. Zoey was zoning in and out of the conversation, which wasn't much of that due to the fact that Lucy was the only one talking, while all her friends pretended to listen.

"And then my mom kinda just told her to mind her own business," she said looking around. When she noticed no one was listening, Lucy just whined and mumbled something about no one liking her. That stupid girl, everyone loved her.

Zoey wanted to be a good friend, but she just couldn't find it in herself to try. Not when she was too busy in trying to solve her own mess. She didn't want to doubt Colton, but there was no one else who had a spare key to her house. She felt lost and stuck, with no one to talk to.

After her classes were over, Zoey decided to carry out her plan. She walked up to Colton.

"Hey Colt, you have the spare key I gave you?" Zoey ask, wiping her sweaty palms against her jeans.

"Yeah I think I have it at my place, you wanna come and get it?" He asked smiling. Zoey nodded too.

Colton opened the door of the passenger seat for her, and while she waited for him to sit, she got another message.

Doubting your friends isn't a good habit Zoey.