i n v i t e

dedicated to my friends 

Zoey stood on the sidewalk, not knowing what to do. She wanted to go to Colton so badly, to see if he is okay, but she felt like there was a warning in the stalker's message. Like if he knew she is going there, something will happen to Colton. Just then her phone rang, and she picked up knowing it would be the stalker to give her a hint of what was going on.

"Hello?" She said it with the fakest brave voice she could manage.

"Nothing will happen to Colton if you just leave. I'm watching so don't try tricking me," the man said on the phone. It was one of the rare times he called, and Zoey tried to recognize his voice. Before she could say anything, he hung up.

Zoey took the last bus back to her house, but it looked scary. She didn't want to be alone; the silence was bothering her to no end. She dialed Lucy and invited her to her place, which she declined saying she had to rehearse before the auditions. Lucy was taking part in the annual School Play, and all of her friends thought she was an amazing actress. She was gifted with it.

She called Sean to see if he would come hang out with her. She had also been feeling a little guilty since the calls started, that she could not share anything with her friends and she wasn't spending enough time with them. As she was waiting for him to pick up, she took a pop tart from the cabinet.

"Hi, what's up?" Sean whispered in the phone.

"Why are you whispering," Zoey said chuckling.

"Just-" As he was saying something, he got interrupted by a voice at the back.

"Hey man, what are you doing here? How'd you even get in?"

It was Colton. Sean was at Colton's house, and Colton didn't know.

a/n this isn't really my finest chapter, but it is a very important one. keep supporting this book y'all. love c.