c o n f r o n t a t i o n s

dedicated to everyone who helped me get to #52. It's not much, but it's the farthest I've come. Special thanks to bubbly_bish , -moonliqte iCutiee and GoAndSmellTheCarrots for their unconditional support on this book. 

(more special thanks to come)

 "Why do you have this Luce?" Zoey asked in a whisper, showing the phone to her friend.

"I don't know how it got here Zo. I saw it in the guy's hands. When he came to my house and attacked me," Lucy said frantically, but Zoey wasn't having any of that. She could tell that Lucy was lying, now that she had figured out her ugly game.

"Dammit Luce, just stop lying," Zoey yelled, which was quite shocking as she never yelled. No matter what, Zo was the kind of person who always stayed calm in every situation.

"Jesus, alright." Lucy mumbled.

"So it was you?" She confirmed with her friend, even though she knew the answer to that question.

"Yes Zoey, it was me. What did you think, it was some obsessive secret admirer? Sorry honey, just me." Lucy said smugly. Even though Zoey had been suspecting her some time before this revelation, it came as a shock. She didn't want to believe that her best friend was this person. How could she, what would she get out of it?

"You're probably wondering why I did it. Zo listen, us, me and you, we've been friends longer than any of the guys," Lucy explained, bringing Zoey to a chair in the storage room. She had a pocket knife in her hands, which was mainly the reason Zoey didn't fight or complain. Zoey couldn't even scream, because she was terrified. In front of the chair lay knives of different sizes. She looked at Lucy with pleading eyes. However, Lucy continued on with her story, ignoring Zoey's looks of helplessness.

"Do you remember when you helped me? You went against your friends to support me, didn't you? And then I helped you, when you broke up with your boyfriend. I also helped you when your parents got a divorce. I set you up with different guys. The point is, Zo, it was always just me and you. I don't know when Colton and Sean came in the equation. And they took my place. You started trusting them. You told them about the stalker, but you left me out. Zo I tried to tell you so many times that I'm sad and I need you. But you were so caught up in your own friends that you forgot about me. So I thought, if I can't be your best friend, then no one can," Lucy explained and with every other word, Zoey's tears fell more. And then Lucy's voice changed to a manly sound, something she had heard so many times on the phone with the stalker, "you will have to die Zoey."

"How did you do that? And if you're the stalker, then who hurt you?" Zoey managed in between sobs. Lucy traced the knife on Zoey's collarbone and applied enough pressure to make a thin line of blood appear.

"Oh Zoey, you've always been so naïve. Honey, that was me. I did it to myself. Even Colton tried to explain that to you. But you didn't listen." Lucy let out a laugh. Zoey was eyeing the butcher knife and praying that Lucy does not go to that extent.

"How do you know about Colton?" Zoey asked again. She was trying her best to keep Lucy engaged in answering her questions, so that Colton or Sean could reach.

"Oh if you turn around and look, I've been tracking everything. I put microphones, speakers, and tracking devices in everything. I know everything Zoey. I even knew about your little party at Tracy's house. Zo, why don't you understand? I know everything," Lucy replied, sounding smug.

"But-" Zoey started but was cut off by her friend who was holding the kitchen knife in her hands.

"Listen, I know you're trying to distract me so that one of your little friends can come. But let me tell you something, Sean's locked in his car and it's not working. And the brakes aren't working, so he can't get far anyways, unless he wants to die. And as for Colton, he's locked in his house, no way to escape." Lucy smirked.

"Please Luce. I won't even talk to anyone except you. Please let me go," Zoey cried.

"Tempting, but I can't take the risk," Lucy smiled sweetly. Zoey always thought she had the kindest smile, that would make the most hopeless person in the world think that everything will be alright. But seeing her in this light, she decided that she had never seen a more malicious smile than that of Lucy.

"Zo, is the blood the same color as your shirt?" Lucy whispered, still smiling.

a/n omg loves, this story is about to finish in like 3 more chapters. i don't wanna finish this. also this isn't my best chapter, i've been quite sick. but i hope you guys like it and support this book. love y'all. c