p r i d e

Lucy had submitted an absence note to her professor saying that she would be away for a week due to personal reasons. The day after the incident, all three of the friends met after classes ended to discuss further action plan. Not that they had any before.

"I'm going to Lucy's house right now," Zoey told the two boys.

"Can I come with you?" Colton asked, which didn't settle with her since Lucy and Colton weren't particularly close.

"I just feel like it's better if we have some girl time," Zoey had felt his unease, however didn't question it.

"Are you sure? I mean I'm free right now so I can come," he tried again.

"Okay Colton, cut this bullshit. What's the deal? Why do you wanna come so badly?" Zoey had her arms folded and appeared serious.

"I just don't feel right about this you know. I mean, okay look at it this way. Forget Lucy is your friend. She called you from her cellphone right?" Colton looked at Zoey, who nodded in confirmation, "And when we went to her house she said she hadn't moved from her spot in the bathroom. That was a lie. Because when we came in, her phone was on the bed."

"I don't understand, what are you trying to say? That she lied?" Zoey asked, her voice raised unintentionally.

"Look Zoey, I don't know. I'm in the dark as much as you are, I don't know who the stalker is. But what I saw, we can't ignore it. And another thing, her wrists, it looked like someone cut them only if they were standing behind her, calmly. The cuts don't justify the messy blood stains we saw in the bathroom. I'm not saying she is lying or anything, but this is something we can't afford to ignore. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Colton voiced his thoughts to Zoey, hoping she would understand what he was trying to say.

"Are you for real, Colton? Out of all the people, you think Lucy would lie? She's my damn best friend Colton, are you insane? With you trying so hard to target other people, I would think you're the damn stalker." Zoey yelled at him, people were beginning to look in their direction. Sean had left some time ago. He had said something about making dinner for his sister.

"Zoey seriously, I'm not even saying-"

"Save it for someone who cares, I have to go to my friend. She needs me." Zoey said before walking away. However, she couldn't ignore the ugly feeling that came with it. And worse when she got a message from the stalker.

I'm proud of you.

a/n sorry for updating after like 6 days. I had a physics test and i was extremely sick. And i was kinda suffering through a brutal but short lived writer's block. the story is almost done, and i'm soon starting my new book called "the killer prom". it is a thriller, and it will be very short (14-15 chapters). pls keep supporting this book. love yall. c