m i n e

dedicated to everyone who reads it

There was a third person in the house.

"Zoey what's going on?" Sean said slowly. At that, the footsteps suddenly stopped, as if locating the source of the voice. Zoey mentally face palmed at Sean for saying that. She could hear the footsteps coming closer and closer until they were right in front of her. Zoey stopped breathing as she waited for the person to do something. However, he just moved on to Sean. The stalker had a citrusy scent, like a strong perfume, not at all what she imagined stalker to smell like. By this time, the stalker was standing near Sean, and Zoey knew this because she could hear Sean whispering continuous 'OMG' to himself.

"Zoey who the hell is this, is this a joke?" he asked, petrified. However, Zoey was too scared to say anything, but she whispered to Sean to just stay still. She had no other option but to do that. She couldn't run because something worse could happen if they tried. The only thing that confused her at the time was that the stalker didn't talk. Even when Sean asked who he was.

She got worried when she heard Sean let out a little yelp and that made sounds that seemed like the stalker was hurting him. She tried to walk towards the couch to get her phone. The disadvantage they had was the lack of light. If she could only get the torch on her phone in time, then she would know who the stalker is. She hurried and Sean screamed in pain. If something happened to him, Zoey would never forgive herself.

While she was getting the phone, Zoey heard Sean yelling, telling her to run. But he was a friend, she couldn't leave him like that, at all. When she came back though, she heard the person running and by the time she shone the torch on them, she could only see the back of the hooded person.

She called the keeper of the building to inquire about the light switch, when she found out that someone had turned it off. After the lights came back on, she went to Sean who was hurting. There was a long cut at the back of his neck, and it was bleeding a lot. As Zoey was getting the first-aid box from the kitchen, she saw Elliot walking out from her building. When she tried and asked Sean he wouldn't tell her anything, wouldn't answer any of her questions. However, she treated his wounds, and was in the process of doing it when the bell rang.

With her heart beating fast, and sweat coating her forehead she opened the door. It was Lucy. Seeing her friend like this, she asked Zoey if everything was ok. To which Zoey nodded.

"Are you sure? I just saw Elliot run down the stairs." Lucy told her.

"Oh well I don't think he came here to see me," Zoey chuckled nervously.

"So, I finished work early and I thought I would just drop by," Lucy exclaimed, unaware of the tension in the room, "Hi Sean!"

Sean, who still hadn't recovered from the shock, gave her a tight smile while she put in a new movie and settled under a blanket to watch with her friends. Zoey gave Sean a reassuring nod and sat beside him on the couch. Halfway through the movie, her phone vibrated. She opened it in front of Sean and there was a message.

Tonight is an example of what happens when you try to mess with me and what's mine.

Zoey didn't know what it meant, but from the looks of it, it was clear that Sean did.

a/n its like almost done you guys. there's probably like 7-8 chapters left for this book, and then it'll be done. I kinda dont wanna end it lmaoo. thanks for your support on the book. love yall.c