m e m o r i e s

-POV-

I watched her as she smiled and laughed with Sean and Colton, at his sister's house. Like she used to, with me. I remember, before she became friends with them, I was the only person she laughed with, the only person who heard her secrets. I was the one who sat with her when she had to cry about her parents who were getting a divorce. I was there, just like she was for me.

I smiled as the memories came back to me. Those of Zoey coming to my defense in just second grade, the time when our minds were always in conflict about what's wrong or right. She had left her friends, who had pushed me in the mud. It was Zoey who had picked me up. As years went by everything changed. I became the popular girl everyone wanted to be friends with. I had money, good clothes, nice looks. However, what didn't change was that Zoey was still picking me up. Every time I felt down, she was there.

I started admiring her. How she didn't take shit from anyone. I loved how she stood up for what was right. Call it obsession, I'm not ashamed of it. Everything Zoey did, I didn't mind. When she started partying every night, I was there. When she wanted to spray paint her ex's house, I was there. I was obsessed with everything she did. My world revolved around Zoey.

Then we reached university. I applied for the same university that she had. They didn't have the career option I wanted. But I always had a back up plan. We both got into New York University, she was happy because she had wanted to go here for as long as she remembers. I was happy simply because she was happy. I didn't have a crush on her, no. Neither did I love her romantically.

When she came to university, she made friends. Back in high school, I made it my life mission to have me as her only best friend. And during that time, I was completely there for her. I ditched countless of dates to tend to my drunk best friend. But in university, she changed. Turned over a new leaf. Left her alcohol bottles for books, and actually focused. Then I felt her slipping away. She began talking to Colton and Sean and I felt myself having to share my best friend. She was my best friend. They didn't deserve her attention; they didn't even know her. I was the one who took care of her, I was the one who knew her best. Yet, she began trusting those guys. And I made it my responsibility to show her that only I can be her best friend. That only I can be the one she trusts.

With these bitter thoughts running through my mind, and taking another look at Zoey discussing serious matters with her new friends, Colton and Sean, I took the blade and slid it across my wrists. I made the bathroom look like there had been a fight, signs of struggle. It did hurt, but I knew I had to do this, I couldn't let them take Zoey away from me. When I was satisfied with my work, I called Zoey.

"Zoey help, I'm bleeding."

And then I went and sat in the washroom, waiting and counting down the seconds until my best friend came to my rescue.

a/n 

so now you guys know the stalker is actually Lucy. also, i forgot to wish you guys a Merry Christmas yesterday, so BELATED MERRY CHRISTMAS!! anywayssss the story is coming to an end and i'm about to start a new book "Killer Prom" soon. I'll keep you posted if u guys are interested in reading that. It's also thriller, since i can't really write romance. thanks for all your support on this book, keep doing this please. Love y'all. c