c i t r u s - y

"He's just being weird," Zoey complained to Lucy, who was patiently listening to her. It wasn't everyday that Zoey talked about her problems like that. Lucy looked at her friend in admiration.

"Don't worry Zoey, I kind of had a weird feeling about him and Sean from before. I kind of didn't tell you, seeing as how close you were with them." Lucy told her friend.

"What do you mean?" Zoey asked confused.

"I don't know. I don't think I should tell you. Just because you're so close to them, and you have been with them almost everyday nowadays. It's just weird, what if you think I'm lying?" Lucy asked.

"Why would I think you're lying? You're my only best friend Luce, you can tell me. Colton and Sean don't compare to you at all," she reassured Lucy.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay so the day you and Sean were having a movie party right? I finished my shift early and I came in your building, and I saw Colton carrying a bag. I looked at him and asked if he was coming to your house. He shook his head and left, but he dropped something black. I went to pick it up, and it was a glove. I don't know what he was doing with it, so I took it and returned it to him. He just seemed very scared and fidgety." Lucy told her friend.

"What? And you didn't tell me this before?" Zoey looked at Lucy like she was nuts, and then she thought of all the times she confided in Colton about her problems. All the times when she thought of him as more than friend, someone that liked her. It couldn't be. But there were reasons that Zoey did actually suspect him at first, and if what Lucy was saying was true, which it was, that means she had been trusting the wrong person all along.

"I'm sorry I just need a minute," she told Lucy and went to the bathroom to wash her face.

"It's okay take your time, and when you come back I will be right here. I will always be here for you," Lucy smiled at her friend. Something was bothering Zoey. It just was hard for her to believe Lucy's words, not because she was lying but because she was trying so hard to convince her that the two guys were bad.

Lucy's bathroom had a weird hospital scent to it, thanks to the antiseptic Lucy had to put on her wounds. She opened the bathroom cabinet and got out a random perfume bottle to spray in the room. It was some citrus-y perfume. When she sprayed it, however, she had a sense of déjà vu. It was the same perfume that the person who had scratched Sean with a knife was wearing. It was literally the exact same perfume.

Lucy wasn't in the room when Zoey came out. She sent a message to Colton.

Maybe u were right. Sorry for getting mad at u, there's something fishy here.

She made her way to the kitchen, where Lucy would be. Before she could announce her arrival to Lucy, her phone lit up with a message from the stalker.

You look so nice in your red top.

When Zoey peeked in the kitchen, Lucy was using a phone that wasn't even hers.

a/n the story is about to finish. keep supporting this book. love y'all. c