r e s c u i n g

Zoey had never had a religious upbringing, she rarely ever went to church. But in times like these, when a psychotic best friend had a knife pressed at Zoey's throat, she really wished she had.

"Luce, no one has to know about this, please just let me go," she whimpered, feeling a sting on her neck.

"What will the point of all of this be then? You will never love me, you will never be my friend. The point of this was to make you realize those two boys will never love you as much as me. I wanted you to come running to me, when you had a problem. But no, you went to those retards instead, crying about everything. You were a selfish brat Zoey, you don't understand relationships. You couldn't see I was a perfect friend? You used me Zoey and then you're begging me that I let you go?" Lucy actually laughed, like there was something funny going on here.

"You don't understand Luce, I only kept everything from you because I didn't want you to get hurt from this mess an-" Zoey had tears coming down her eyes, and she could feel blood trickling from her neck, where Lucy was pressing the knife harder as she interrupted.

"Bullshit! You think I'm that dumb? I'm done getting manipulated by you. We both are," she informed Zoey, who despite knowing everything was still confused. As she was talking, she saw a shadow walking. It wasn't near the door of the storage room they were locked in and Lucy missed it as she had her back to the door. The gears of Zoey's brain started working and she knew it was one of her friends, or a well-wisher who came to save her. It couldn't be the other person that Lucy was talking about because if they were, then they would know where to find the two. Zoey had to take her chances and delay Lucy.

"Who? Other person? You're telling me someone was helping you?" Zoey asked, pretending to be oblivious. Lucy let out a laugh.

"You're still so dumb like you were in high school," she giggled, "of course, I did. Elliot. He hates you almost as much as me, Zo, why are you surprised? He has everything and he was ready to give you everything but instead you ran off to someone who lives in a tiny goddamn basement. How dumb can you be Zoey? On second thought, don't answer that, because you're about to die anyways".

The person, whoever it was, was right outside the door and Zoey could tell they were getting ready to kick the door open.

"What are you staring at?" Lucy asked, about to turn around.

"No-nothing" Zoey said, but she turned around nonetheless, her knife lowering just slightly whe she saw the shadow outside the door. Zoey took that time to snatch the knife out of her hands, and coincidentally the door fell down, ripped from its hinges, at the same time.

Colton always made Zoey happy, even when he wasn't doing much. But she had never been as happy looking at Colton as she was then. She pointed the knife towards Lucy who was didn't waste a single minute and pulled out a gun from the waistband of her pyjamas.

She didn't point the gun towards Zoey, like Zoey had expected. Instead, the gun was aimed at Colton and in that moment Zoey realized how much he meant to her and how much in love she was with him.

I know it has been almost a year, since i last updated buuutttt - i thought of 2 excuses in that time. 1. i was in high school, senior year and it's harrrdddd. and 2. i had 0 inspiration when i had time and when i had hella inspiration, i had 0 time. so when i finally got my shit together, i whipped up a quick and nice chapter for you. i hope you like it!!

all love

c