Prologue

Dipper's POV:

It was summer vacation and I only had one thing on my mind, that Game Boy isn't going to play itself. So I ran to my room and opened the closet door. I dug through it to find my game under a think layer of dust. It has been a whole year since I've played on this thing. Mostly because I was so focused on school work.

I grabbed my Game Boy and flopped on the couch in the living room. Just as I turned it on and made its ~beep boop~ noise, mom took it out of my hands, almost ripping my arms off.

"No need for that, Mister." she said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

She stood in front of the couch and I sat up.

"Me and you father are sending you and your sister to your Great Uncle's place in Gravity Falls." she told me firmly. This showed me this was serious.

The thought rang in my head like a school bell.

We were going away for the summer? I thought. This is going to be the worst summer ever!

Mabel's POV:

Yay! Summer vacation has finally arrived! I hopped onto my bed and held my cat, Mr. Whiskers.

"This is so exciting! It's just going to be me and you, all summer!" I said to Mr. Whiskers.

That was until I heard a knock at the door. It sounded like a secret knock... my secret knock. I assumed it was Dipper, until the door opened and I got a view of a tall, slim man. It was dad!

"Dad!" I shouted as I tackled him with a hug.

Dad finished opening the door and at the corner of my eye, I saw a suitcase. My huge smile slowly faded at the sight.

"What's going on?" I asked letting go of dad.

He rolled the suitcase closer to me.

"We are..."

"We're moving?" I screamed before he could finish.

I started to tear up then dad kneeled down to my height.

"What? No." He said. "Me and your mother are sending you and your brother to Gravity Falls for the summer."

I wiped away my tears.

"A-Alone?" I asked between sniffles.

"You'll be staying at your Great Uncle's place in the woods." He answered.

I held onto the handle of the suitcase and dad closed the door.

Our first summer away from home? I thought.

I was so excited, I snatched Mr. Whiskers and spun him around and around.

"My first summer away from home!" I screamed. "This is going to be the best summer ever!"