Home Away From Home

Mabel's POV:

My first summer away from home, I couldn't wait. Lucky for me, we left the day after summer started. I packed all my sweaters, skirts and headbands. I also picked up my scrapbook, I never miss a scrapbookertunity. My twin brother, Dipper on the other hand, had a tan coloured backpack filled with pens, a camera and a notebook. Boring! Dipper wasn't very happy about leaving California and I couldn't blame him.

I tapped him on the shoulder as the bus pulled up to the bus stop. He sighed and followed me onto the bus. We handed the man our tickets and sat in the back. Once seated, Dipper immediately pulled out a pen and started chewing on it. I was happy, not about leaving home, but seeing what our Gruncle had in store for us.

Dipper's POV:

The sight of leaving California was terrifying, so I unzipped my backpack to look for a pen. For me, chewing on pens were better than twiddling my thumbs or talking. I looked out the window as the bus started to move.

Here we go.

Mabel's POV:

I looked at Dipper. He seemed worried, so I decided to boost his spirit.

"Hey Dipper?" I asked.

"Huh?" Dipper said as he turned to look at me.

"Are you scared?"

"No of course not. Why would I be?"

I looked in to his brown eyes and I could tell he was lying.

"Don't lie, Dipper" I said.

"I'm not lying." he responded. "Besides, how would you know?"

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm your twin, stupid. I have excellent twinstincts." I said.

"What? That's not even a thing."

"It is now."

Dipper's POV:

I got tired of Mabel fast so I went back to looking out the window. I think she got the hint because when I peeked behind me, she was looking in her scrapbook. I felt guilty about ignoring her like that, but I decided not to bother her.

I looked back out the window to see lots and lots of trees, Pine trees. They were pretty cool so I picked up my camera and took a picture. I leaned back in my seat and looked at the photo. As I scanned through the trees I swear I saw a triangle in between two. I assumed it was a blur and turned off the camera.

___________________________

The bus stopped at what seemed to be the middle of nowhere. There were a lot of trees on either side of a trail that lead to a building.

"I think our Gruncle's place is that way." Mabel said pointing down the trail.

I gave her a very perplexed look.

"Gruncle?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know, Great Uncle? I put them together to make Gruncle."

I rolled my eyes and then we started to walk toward the strange building.

Mabel's POV:

It seemed very strange to have a house in the middle of the woods. But I decided to stay positive. As my brother and I approached the building, we both saw people walking in and out of it.

"I thought you said this was our Uncle's house." Dipper whispered to me.

"It is." I said back. "Here, look."

I pulled out a picture that mom gave me and showed it to Dipper. He put his hand on his chin and examined the picture and the building itself.

"You're right, they do look exactly the same. Except for that sign." Dipper said.

We wondered over to a small, yellow sign implanted in the ground. It said...

"Welcome to the Mystery Shack"