Trust No One

Dipper's POV:

"A-A deal?" I asked.

"Sure, Pinetree." Bill said joyfully. "Just one small deal. Won't hurt anyone."

He sounded true on his word but I was jumbled on whether I should trust him or not. Bill stared at me with a confident look in his eye. He was waiting for me to say something. I stood there, holding my arm, looking down.

"You're a shy kid." Bill said. "Come on Pinetree, you can tell me anything. You can trust me."

He did sound promising. Maybe he could help me figure out this journal and who wrote it.

"Alright Bill." I said. "What's the deal?"

Bill's POV:

I was surprized, this kid was actually going to let me make a deal with him? He must be desperate. Then I realized that he wanted to know about the 'missing' author. No shocker there, but I'll let him have it... for now.

"Ok, Pinetree, here's the deal, I can... give you hints for the author of that journal there." I said, pointing to the book. "And in return you have to help me with something I've been working on."

Pinetree had this perplexed look on his face.

"What is it?" Pinetree asked.

"We'll work out the details later."

"Ok, what now?"

"Just shake my hand and the deal's as good as done."

I decided to wait before I'd 'spill the beans' so Pinetree could settle in. It would make things complicated if he knew right away. I held out my hand and a blue flame surrounded it. Pinetree hesitated, then reached his ugly, fleshed, human hand out and shook it, sealing the deal. It was done, and Pinetree has no idea what's coming at him next.

Dipper's POV:

I started to ask myself if I was doing the right thing. I really wanted to know more about this strange journal and where it came from. But was it really worth it, knowing I would have to work with a dream demon? I thought about Mabel and how she would react. Then realized she doesn't believe a word I say, she just thinks I've gone nuts. So not telling Mabel about this would be easy. Next Gruncle Stan popped into my head, but it didn't matter. I've made up my mind... and I shook Bill's hand. I felt a light electric pulse enter my body. It feels good. As I let go of Bill's hand, he laughed.

"Deal is sealed." he said. "Meet me in the forest tomorrow night. And remember... I'll be watching you!"

And just like that, Bill was gone. So it was a dream... or like a dream that felt real or something. I was dazed out until I heard a knock at the bedroom door. It was Gruncle Stan!

"Hey kiddo, what are you doing up here in your bedroom alone?" he asked.

I don't know what came over me, but my mind wanted to tell Stan what happened.

"I made a deal with Bill Cipher!" I blurted out.

"Wait, what? Who now?"

"This triangle, dream demon guy. I made a deal with him so I could learn more about this."

I held out the journal to show him. He looked at me with this annoyed but serious face.

"Oh, that book. Mabel told me you found it in the woods. And that it had all these paranormal and supernatural creatures inside." he said.

"So do you believe me, Guncle Stan? That this stuff exists?"

"Heck no! Ha! Only a total dork would think that book was real."

He came to me and kneeled down to my height. I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Has anyone ever told you not to trust weird things?" Then he got up and left the room.

Trust. I thought.

I felt like I skimmed past something that had trust in it. I flipped through the pages of the journal and found the page that talked about trust.

"In Gravity Falls there is no one you can trust." I said.

I looked below to something also big and in red pen. Trust no one. I suddenly felt like I was falling 32 stories, landing face first on the cement ground.

Trust no one.

Do not summon at all cost.

Bill!

Oh no... what have I done?