Lessons

Dipper's POV:

Right after I used up all my courage to tell Mabel my prediction of what I was turning into, a cold whist of air swooped over me. I was starting to think that telling Mabel the truth was a bad idea. She kept staring at me like she couldn't believe what she just heard. Then something strange happened.

I think I need to tell Gruncle Stan about this.

"No!" I screamed. "You can't say anything to Stan!"

"Dipper?" Mabel asked.

She didn't need to tell me anything because I already knew...

I can read minds.

I needed to leave, right away. If I was going to turn into a demon, I don't want anyone around me to see. I stood up, took off my hat and gave it to Mabel.

"Just a little something of mine in case I don't come back." I said.

I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door.

"Dipper!" Mabel screamed after me. But I refused to stop, I had to leave, now!

Trust no one. I think to myself. Trust no one!

And I ran into the dark forest.

                               _________________________

I was in the center of the woods when I stopped. I haven't been this scared in my whole life, except for that time when dad read me this scary story on a stormy night.

I sat down on the ground, put my face in my hands and cried.

Why did I ever agree to this? I thought.

"Because you're paranoid, stupid, you want to know about your journal and the author?"

Thinking I was alone, the voice startled me. Bill.

"Should I go on?" Bill asked coming out from hiding.

"What do you want now Bill?" I said, forming fists in my hands.

" I think you might need a fire extinguisher."

"A fire..."

I glanced down at my clenched fists and there were blue flames surrounding both. I started to shake my hands around like crazy, trying to put out the fire.

"Hahahaha! Gullible. Just control your anger and you'll be fine."

"What? How am I supposed to control my anger, if you you're turning me into a... a demon?"

Bill grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to him.

"Listen Pinetree." he said. "We made a fair deal. You have to stick with it, no matter what."

I tried to pull myself out of Bill's grasp, but he was too strong.

"You call this fair? I'm filling my end of the bargain, I think. But where's yours? You said you would give me hints to find the author of the journals!"

"Exactly, kid. This 'demonization' will help the both of us."

"Us? Or just you?"

"Us!"

I didn't believe Bill for a second. He's a demon and demon's... can't... be trusted.

Bill's POV:

I finally let go of Pinetree and he drops to the ground. He got up and fixed his shirt. It was time for this kid to watch himself crumble. I snapped my fingers and Pinetree blacked out. I disappeared then reappeared in darkness.