Free At Last

Toby Determined, Gravity Falls Gossiper! One question, what is your reaction and opinion on your first 2 weeks in Gravity Falls?

Dippers POV:

Once that strange guy for rid of Bill, Gravity Falls started to turn back into its boring looking town. But now I know for certain that this place will forever be weird, even if it seems like a normal town.

All the townsfolk went back to their normal everyday routines as of nothing ever happened. Which for me, was good. I think I was the only person who remembered this whole take over incident.

Oh... and Mabel! Who turned out to be alive! Well, when I got to her she was breathing but still unconscious. I actually managed to carry her all the way to the Mystery Shack and put her down on her bed. Woke up the next day, too. That's a relief.

Everything seemed to be alright. Gruncle Stan was also back to his old man, ripped off self... whatever that means. But what happened that afternoon seemed to inspire me.

After working all morning for Stan, I walked up to my room and reached for the journal that I placed under my pillow. What I pulled out was something way different. It was a 6-fingered, black leather gloves that looked like it was from the future or something. I have no idea where it came from or who's it is, but one things for sure, it adds to my long line of questions. Luckily, no dream demon is going to ruin this for me, not for a while.

This mysterious glove inspired me to start writing in this journal as well. I'll maybe wrote down about some strange creatures I encounter, some theories, or maybe write in it like a diary. Who knows?

My final remark... I think I just might like it here. In the strangest town just west of weird... Gravity Falls.

Mabel's POV:

The last thing I remembered was passing out, then for some reason I woke up in my bed. My first thought was...

What did Dipper do now?

I looked out the bedroom window and was surprised to see no Bill. The town of Gravity Falls was back to being the town of Gravity Falls. Everything seemed normal.

I went out that morning while Dipper worked and walked into town. Why the Mystery Shack was so far from the town, who knows?

I went to the corner store to buy candy. I can't be the hyper, cheery girl without some. Besides, what else would I do with the money I swiped from Gruncle Stan? As I made it to the candy isle, I shouted two girls, about my age, looking at me. I acted cool and matches over to them.

"Hi, I'm Mabel!" I said a little too loud.

They didn't flinch from my outburst but waved at me. The taller one spoke first.

"Hi Mabel!" she boomed with a cool, manly voice. "I'm Grenda and this is my friend Candy!"

I looked over to the other, smaller girl with black hair and glasses.

"Hello there." she said.

This was it! I found my people.

"So hey." I started. "Want to hang out at my house? You know, after we buy out candy."

I started to second guess myself. Maybe these girls weren't like me and would want to be my friends.

"Sure, Mabel!" Grenda cheered.

"Yes yes, we'd love to." Candy finished.

Yes! My first friends here in Gravity Falls!

"We just have to ask our moms." said Grenda. "We'll come over right after. Where do you live?"

"I live in a tourist trap called the Mystery Shack. But I'll just meet you outside so you don't have to come in just yet." I replied.

I got back to the Shack and ran up to my room, where I saw Dipper writing in the journal.

"Hey bro bro." I said, getting his attention. "Can I help?"

Dipper put down the journal, sat up and smiled.

"Sure Mabel!" he said. "Maybe you and I can do this sort of thing together."

I thought for a moment, then an awesome, ecstatic idea burst into my head.

"Ooh ooh! I got it!" I screamed. "How about... The Mystery Twins?"

Dipper have this confused look at me. Then went to my bed and grabbed his hat off it.

"I like it, Mabel." he said. "I really do!"

I smiled. "Mystery Twins?"

Dipper put his hat on his head.

"Mystery twins!"