Ch. 1

I chuckle as I watch Soojin wiggle her way under her blankets, her entire body disappearing into them. Her feet still poke out at the end, so I tickle them and watch her squirm and giggle. I smile as she works her way to the head of her bed and her head pops out.

"Do I really have to go to bed?"

I nod, "Yes. It's already eleven. You should've had your little butt to sleep already."

"I'm 7 years old, I don't need a bed time anymore!" She crosses her arms, sassily.

I mimick her. "Yes you do. You aren't that old. Plus, your parents set that time for you, I didn't."

"But Harly-"

"Soojin. Are you talking back to me?" I raise a challenging brow at the child.

She pouts a little, then shakes her head. "No."

"How about this," I start. "they won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. I will let you sleep til 10:30 tomorrow morning - if you don't wake up on your own - and then we'll make Minnie Mouse pancakes."

Her eyes light up and she nods like crazy. "Thank you!"

"But, you gotta go to sleep, first. 'Kay?"

"'Kay!" She snuggles into her bed and closes her eyes, smiling. She peeks one open, "Can you close the door all the way when you leave?"

"Of course, kiddo. Sleep tight."

I walk over to turn off her bedroom light, closing the door completely behind me. I love that little girl. She's so smart, but so sassy. I wanna pop her little ass in the mouth sometimes, but I was -and still am - the same way. No matter what though, she's a complete sweetheart.

I walk over to the next room to check on her little brother, Jae-sun. I peek through his already cracked door and see him snuggled in his blankets, soft snores escaping his little mouth. He's 4 and is just the sweetest little man in the world, little handsome one at that, too.

I smile as I walk away from his room, down the hall and down the stairs. Making my way to the kitchen, I open the fridge to grab a water bottle. I set it on the counter and walk over to the snack cabinet to grab a bag of popcorn to pop. I get it all together and take my things to the living room, going on Netflix, and deciding to watch White Chicks. Because why not?

Halfway into the movie, I'm nearly pissing myself laughing when I get a phone call. I check the caller ID to see it's the kid's dad. "Hi, Namjoon."

Namjoon. I swear on my fucking life, he is the sexiest fucking man I've ever laid my eyes on. As wrong as it is to think that, he's so hot.

"Hey, Harly! Everything okay?"

I smile. No matter what time it is, he calls to check on the kids. It's so sweet, to say the least.

"They're good. Just put Jinnie to sleep. You know how she is."

"She's definitely my kid." He chuckles, my face heating up at the sound. "Alright, just checking in. You good, too?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good. Just watching a movie."

"Great. Thank you so much. We'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

I smile, "Goodnight, Namjoon."

The call ends, but I just keep smiling. Everything about him is just so, goddamn fucking shit, I can't even describe it. He's just, Jesus Christ.