Ch. 5

I whistle as I sweep the kitchen floor, gathering a small pile of debris, and sweeping it into the dustpan to throw away. I'm getting any last minute cleaning done before the Kim's come back from their mini getaway. The kids are still asleep and I'm glad because they'd make it hard for me to straighten up around here.

Our weekend was fun, though. Lots of playing at the park, lots of hide and seek, and lots of staying up late as long as they brushed their teeth well and made their beds correctly. I smile to myself as I wipe down the countertops. It gets me excited about starting my own family one day. My dad is surely ready for some grandkids. I just need to fall in love and get married first, then babies galore.

I'm still whistling to myself as I suddenly hear the locks being fumbled with. As soon as the door opens, I hear a very angry Jiwon and I involuntarily roll my eyes. Here we go again.

"You're basically calling me a bad fucking mother!" She all but screams.

"I didn't say that, Ji. Will you just stop jumping to conclusions?" Namjoon responds way too calmly and I believe that pisses her off more.

"Oh, bullshit!" She yells at him. "I'm stressed out, okay? We have so much going on at that damn company and I get tired. Woopty fucking doo, Jiwon isn't allowed to be tired or have breaks!"

"Ji, we're business owners and parents. We don't have breaks, unless it was like the one we took this weekend. What do you want? Do you want to book a vacation? Tell me so we can make you feel better."

"Going out all the time isn't going to fix anything, Namjoon." She stomps into the direction of her bedroom, passing me without a word. I can't remember the last time I've spoken to the woman.

"You not telling me what the problem is so I can fix it isn't helping either." Defeated, Namjoon sighs as he enters the kitchen, throwing his hands into his pockets as soon as he spots me. The door slams and he takes a deep breath. "You heard all that, huh."

It was more of a statement than a question. I simply nod, giving him a sympathetic smile. "Yeah. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. Ji and I talked before we left to come back and as you can tell, it didn't turn out too well. She thought I was attacking her."

"I don't mean to intrude, but how exactly did you bring it up?" I ask cautiously.

Namjoon leans against the counter next to me, speaking softly. "I just asked her if there was anything she wanted to talk about. She said no, so I told her that I wanted to talk about the kids. And she rolled her eyes, so that kind of upset me."

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at him, confused. "Rolling her eyes at the mention of the kids?"

"Uh huh." He nods sadly. "I just told her that I noticed a bit of a distance between her and the kids. And she got into the whole mindset that I was calling her a bad parent."

I just look at Namjoon in disbelief. His wife is really something else. How in the hell are you going to get mad about something that you're the cause of? It's bad enough that even I notice the distance she has with her children, and I'm not here every single day. I feel for Namjoon and the kids. They deserve their mother and he deserves his wife. It isn't my place, but I'd really like to know what Jiwon's thinking.

Jiwon emerges from the bedroom and saunters quietly into the kitchen. We watch as she goes into the fridge and pulls out a bottle of water. She fumbles in her purse that I notice she's got on and pulls out keys. She then heads out toward what I assume is the front door and I quietly sigh.

"Where are you going?" Namjoon questions.

"Out." Without another word, she's out the door.

Namjoon looks defeated and all I can do is hug him. He instantly stiffens, but relaxes when I speak. "You look like you needed a hug, so here you go."

His chest vibrates against my ear as he lightly chuckles, wrapping his arms back around me and accepting the embrace.

"You're the best, Harlow. Thank you."

We pull away from each other and I give him a big smile. "The kids are still asleep, but I've got all the cleaning done and their breakfast cooked. It just needs to be warmed up."

"Thank you so much for all your help." He pats my shoulder. "The kids will be a bit sad to see you're gone when they wake up."

I give a small sad smile. "I know. But I'll be back in 2 days. Tell them to hold out for me."

"Will do. See you then, and thank you for everything." He smiles at me.

I smile back as I begin to make my way down the hall to the guest room to grab my belongings. Once I've gathered all my things, I'm headed toward the front door. I let myself out and approach my car. My mind leads me to a nearby breakfast spot so I can relieve my growling stomach. I didn't get the chance to eat while at the Kim's home.

I pull into an empty spot and am about to get out of the car when I look ahead and see Jiwon. She's getting out of her car and walking toward someone. I slouch in my seat as to not be seen, but still being able to see myself. I see her smiling at a man she's slowly approaching. She looks to just be greeting him with a normal hug, but I can't help but to begin assuming. I gasp loudly, screaming internally as time stops. I see her press her lips to his with comfort. Their kiss is passionate, full of so much love.

The love that should be given to Namjoon.

Without thinking, I snap multiple pictures. When they pull away, I get more pictures, capturing both of their faces in them clearly. They look so happy together and it makes me sick to my stomach. That is why she's been so distant to Namjoon. And this may be the reason she's been so distant with her children as well. She's cheating on her husband with another man.

Holy hell! Dramama! Hi babies 😊 it's been a minute I know. I'm getting lots of things together in my life & I'm not able to update per usual so I'm sorry 😩 but I hope you enjoyed this & look forward to more drama in upcoming chapters! ✊🏾

.
.
~S.xx