Ch. 36

"So, spill all the tea. I've been needing a good story time." Myles leans back, with his legs crossed.

I roll my eyes, expecting Amelia to do the same, but she crosses her arms. "Look, I'm with Myles on this one. We have barely heard from you in like, almost 3 months? What the hell is going on with you?"

"Damn, has it really been that long?" I huff. "Okay, where should I start?"

"The beginning." They say in unison.

I sigh, thinking from the top. "Well, Namjoon and I had sex again. But that was the last time."

"Why?" Amelia asks me.

"I don't know, I just... Okay. So I went to his office just to ask about us and then his ex-wife called."

"Okay? Then what?" Myles persists.

"I left the room, but I realized that I had left my bag. So I went back to get it and I couldn't help myself. I kissed him and then he fucked me over his desk."

"That's kinda sexy." Myles smirks. "How was it?"

"Myles." Amelia says in a warning tone. "Back to the story, Harlow."

"So after that, we went back home and established that what we did can't happen again. And that we would be professional and platonic."

"Has it been?" Myles asks.

"Yeah, up until I met Jaebeom."

"Who's Jaebeom?"

"You mean Lim Jaebeom? CEO of Lim Incorporated?" Amelia asks with wide eyes.

My eyes widen with hers. "You know him, MeMe?"

"No, not personally. But he's the only Jaebeom around here, just like Namjoon. Goddamn, how do you keep bagging these rich ass Asian men!?"

"If I knew I would get you hip." I laugh.

Myles rolls his eyes. "Okay, okay. Tell us about this man."

"I met him on a dating app, we met up, started hanging out, & he became my boyfriend. Everything was great."

"Was?" Amelia raises an eyebrow.

"Was." I repeat. "Namjoon started getting jealous and shit."

Myles snaps his fingers. "I told you, bitch! Run me my money!"

"What?" I ask confused, but I look to Amelia as she swears and pulls $10 from her wallet. "Have you bitches been betting on my love life?"

"Only that Namjoon would wait until you got with someone to say anything." Myles smiles, sticking the bill into his pocket. "MeMe was kind and said he'd let you know when you brought it up to him the first time."

"Men are trash, but I had faith in him." She huffs. "Oh well. Anyway, what did Namjoon say? How does he feel?"

"Well, he has feelings for me. But he picked a hell of a time to have them. I'm falling for Jaebeom, which is what I want to happen." I spew out.

My mind is all over the place as I try to explain what my love life has been as of recently. I continue to tell them about Jaebeom, how he and Namjoon are business partners, Jaebeom having us take a break to focus on my feelings, and the most emotional thing that's happened to me.

"Oh yeah, my mom is now in my life."

"What!?" They both ask, shock over their faces and in their voices.

"Yup." I nod. "Just randomly called me one day. It isnt her fault that she left me with my dad apparently. It was her parents that didn't want me. They were strict and supported her financially through school and all that shit. They said they would cut her off and everything she had would be gone. So she tried to do what was best, I guess."

"Damn." Myles says. "How do you feel about her being back in your life?"

Amelia adds to it. "Like, do you wish she would have come sooner? Or not at all?"

"Everything happens for a reason." I answer. "I'm sure she was placed in my life at this exact time for a reason."

"I feel it." Amelia nods. "Better than my bitch ass sperm donor."

We laugh, but then Myles clears his throat. "Back to serious business, though. Namjoon or Jaebeom?"

"You really asking me this?" I whine.

"You should know me by now."

"I don't know."

"What the hell do you mean you don't know?" Amelia startles me with her tone of voice. "Harlow, you have an amazing man in Jaebeom. Namjoon missed his chance the moment he decided to keep it 'platonic'."

"Now, wait." Myles interjects. "Namjoon was also freshly divorced. He may have been in his feelings, trying to figure out what he wanted. Jaebeom is, in all honesty, a rebound."

"If Namjoon would have been straight forward with his feelings in the first place, she wouldn't have to go looking for love because she has it right there. Jaebeom was upfront with what he wanted. And obviously, he wants her."

"And so does Namjoon. I'm not saying he's right and nothing against Jaebeom, but Namjoon was the goal from the beginning. He's free games right now and wanting Harly. I'm going with Harjoon."

"Harjoon?" I laugh. "You making ship names now?"

"I guess so." Amelia shrugs. "If that's the case, Jaelow takes the W."

"Oh my goodness."

"You never gave us a clear answer." Myles trails back and I swallow harshly. We're silent for a while and he smiles. "Yup, there's your answer."

Amelia shakes her head. "Harlow, listen to me. I love you, but I'm going to need you to let Jaebeom down very easily."

"What?" I say. "Why the change of heart?"

"It isn't my heart that's changed. I still say Jaebeom, but you still have feelings for Namjoon. And I think that him now letting you know his feelings, it will hinder you from wanting Jaebeom."

Is that it? Is Namjoon really who I want? Is my mind only wanting Jaebeom because he would be the logical pick? Or is my heart truly wanting him because I'm falling for him? Could it possibly be the other way around? I play different scenarios over in my head, closing my eyes and lying back. I see Jaebeom, and I see Namjoon. But who do I really see myself with?

"I'm so fucked." I whine.

"Not really." Amelia says. "You know deep down who you want."

"I really want Jaebeom."

"Then there you go."

"But..."

"There's always a but." Myles huffs. "If you have to include but, then you don't fully want the man. End these guys' torture."

Make up your mind, Harlow. Save the heartbreak of one of these men.

"I think I have an idea of who I want."

Hi babies! Sorry for the wait! I just started my online classes, so it's a bit hectic for me right now. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! We haven't heard from her friends in a while, & now you have their thoughts. Leave me yours as well! 💕

.
.
~S.xx