Ch. 2

It's the next morning and I yawn as I quickly get out of the guest bed to go take a shower and change into my clothes for the day. The kids are still asleep as I get out, so I take this as the perfect opportunity to begin cleaning the house. The only room I don't clean is the master bedroom because the kids parents lock it before leaving. It isn't that they don't trust me, but they can never be too safe. I'm okay with that and I'm not offended. I don't have much of an interest being in there anyway.

Once I've finished cleaning, it's 10 o'clock so I go check on the kids. I stop at Jae's room first to see him rubbing his eyes as he's sitting up on his bed. He's got the cutest bed hair ever, and his little pout is to die for. hopping out of bed & running to me, he gasps and giggles.

"Harwy!" I crouch down as he jumps into my arms. "Harwy, how you get here?"

"I came last night. You were sleeping, little man. How you feeling this morning?"

"Very hungry. Listen!" He forces my head to his little stomach and I laugh. "See! My tummy is talking! It say 'fooooooood'."

"Oh, is that so? Hmm." I pretend to think, but I know what I'm making them for breakfast. You've gotta play along with the kids. "Okay. How about this. You make your bed like I showed you last time, then I make you Mickey Mouse pancakes."

"Okay!"

Jae jumps out of my arms & runs toward his bed. Remembering what I showed him, he straightens his comforter the best way he can. He looks at me for approval and I point toward the foot of the bed. He fixes that part and his little eyes light up when I give him a thumbs up.

"I did it!"

"You sure did!" I high-five the toddler and watch as he does a little happy dance. "Let's go see if sissy is up. Do you have to go potty first?"

"Um, yes." Jae skips to the bathroom and I go next door to Jin's room.

As I open her door, she's already making her bed. I know she wouldn't sleep until 10:30, but it's nice to give kids the option every once in a while. She feels my presence as she turns to face me.

She gives me a big smile. "Harly! I made my bed and I woke up by myself."

"I see that. I'm proud of you, girlie. Ready to have those pancakes?"

"Yes!"

--

The kids are sitting at the table, eating their Mickey and Minnie pancakes, eggs, and grapes while drinking apple juice. While they're eating, I'm getting their clothes ready for the day. They had their baths last night, so they just need to be washed up. Namjoon and Jiwon won't be back until later in the afternoon, so I'm going to take the kids on a walk once they're all dressed.

The kids finish their meal and I move in order of my mental checklist. I get Jin dressed in a sparkly, bubblegum pink top with a unicorn on the front. Her little skirt is rainbow colored and she's got on white leggings under them. Her outfit is finished with her rainbow twinkle toes shoes, little pearls around her neck, tiny diamonds in her ears, and her hair in a high bun. Little fashionista in the making, she is.

Jae, on the other hand, is simple with his outfit. I dress him in a black Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt, bootcut dark wash jeans, and dark blue TMNT light up shoes. It's safe to say that he's the easy child.

As I'm slipping my sneakers on to get ready for our walk, the front door opens and the kids mom Jiwon storms into the house. I want to speak, but the woman is in a beeline toward what I assume is their bedroom with the meanest scowl on her face. The kids know not to mess with her when she's in that mood, and so do I. Any could see why. The woman is scary.