Ch. 3

The sky is blue, not a single cloud in sight as we walk down the street in the direction of the park. Jae is on my back and Jin is walking along side her dad, holding his hand. She's reciting the alphabet, Jae repeating after her.

"Good job. Spell out your name for me." Namjoon tells Jin.

"S-O-O-J-I-N K-I-M!" She spells out, excitedly.

"Excellent." Namjoon praises, high-fiving his daughter. "Can you spell daddy's first name?"

"That's easy!" Jin smiles confidently. "N-A-M-J-O-O-N!"

"Oh my, my, my. My baby is a genius." Namjoon chuckles. Jin bounces around in excitement, nearly tripping over her own feet while walking. He catches her quickly so she doesn't fall. "Careful, Jinnie."

"Okay, daddy."

We continue to walk, now beginning to play I Spy with the children as we near the park. As soon as Jae sees a spec of yellow and blue, he bounces against my back. "Harwy, the park! I wanna get down!"

"Okay, okay." I giggle, bending down enough for him to jump off my back. I stand straight and stretch out my back. "That boy's getting heavy."

"Daddy, can we go now?" Jin asks Namjoon, using all her weight holding an overly excited Jae's hand who's ready to take off at a moments notice.

Namjoon nods, us close enough in distance to the park that they're able to run off. "Careful, though."

The children waste no time running in the direction of the park. They climb onto the first set of playground equipment, giggling and having the time of their lives very quickly. I notice them laughing, Jin a little more labored than usual.

"Soojin!" I shout to the girl. "Come use your inhaler!"

The girl nods, quickly running to me as I pass her the inhaler. She takes 2 puffs, and smiles while taking deep breaths. "Thank you, Harly."

"You're welcome. Go have fun."

Namjoon nods at her and see runs back over to her brother to continue playing. He looks at me and smiles. "Mind talking for a bit?"

"No, not at all." I say, sitting next to him on the park bench that faces the playground.

"Thank you for bringing her backup inhaler."

"It's not a problem. You trust me with it for a reason. Other than Jiwoo being upset, how did the business dinner meeting go?"

"I feel as though it went well." Namjoon smiles, dimples pouring into my soul as dramatic as that sounds. "We got the partnership, so I'm happy."

"That's great! Congratulations." I say genuinely.

"Thank you, Harlow. It means a lot. I just wish Ji was as excited."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He shakes his head. "I'm not supposed to be telling you my problems. I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Namjoon. We're talking and I'm a great listener. I'm more than just a nanny."

"You're absolutely right. You're a very good friend."

"Exactly." I grin. "So if you need to vent, I'm all ears."

"Well in that case," Namjoon straightens his posture. "Please let me know if I'm talking to much."

"You got it."

"Okay. You've been in a relationship, right?"

I raise my eyebrow, a bit confused. "Yeah? A few."