Ch. 14

Namjoon's POV

After Baekhyun brought the kids home, we decided to go for a walk so I can catch him up in person about how things with my life have changed drastically. It's a nice Sunday and I needed this fresh air.

"So, she's been cheating for years now, Jae-sun almost wasn't yours, and she's pregnant by the man that she has been seeing?" Baekhyun looks at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah."

"And you still stayed!?"

"Unfortunately."

"Come on, Namjoon. You're so much smarter than that." My brother shakes his head. "So much smarter."

"I loved her, Baek. And I wanted us to work out. Especially for the kids."

"No, no, no." He shakes his head again. "Involving the children makes it that much harder to do what's right for you. You can still co-exist as parents without being together. She had fallen out of love with you years ago and there was no way you were going to get that love back."

"Why didn't she just leave me when she first started her affair?" I asked, my voice anchored with sadness. It's still so fresh that it hurts so much. "Why put me through all these years of uncertainty? I stayed because Jae was mine. And that small part of me thought hey, she just had my second child. We can make this work."

"I think that's just bad communication on both ends." Baekhyun says. "She was the one committing the adultery. She should've been honest from the beginning and told you the truth. It would have saved the heartbreak. You, on the other hand, could have told her that you knew and ended it earlier. You guys lacked that communication and in turn, this is where you are now."

"I always communicated my feelings." I defend myself. "I always told her what I was feeling. It was her that twisted it to make it seem as though I was the one that was in the wrong."

"Don't play victim." We stop at a park bench and sit as well continue our conversation. "That's exactly what she did. Own up to your flaws in this relationship. The only one I've seen is giving her the benefit of the doubt & that lead to her shattering your heart even more for another 5 years. You didn't stay with her solely for the kids. You had a bit of selfishness inside of you that wanted to keep her."

I hold my head low, letting his words sink in. I guess I can take some of the blame for not ending this sooner. I could have left right after Jae was born, but I didn't. Here we are now and my kids are motherless, I'm wifeless, and everything is just funky.

"I miss her, Baekhyun."

"And you will, Namjoon. You have been with her for so long that you can't help that. But this is better for you and your kids. Does she even want anything to do with them?"

"We've been gone almost 2 weeks and she hasn't once contacted to see the kids. The kids don't want to see her, either."

Baekhyun's eyes widen and she shakes his head. "Wait, the kids don't want to see her?"

I, in turn, shake my head. "No. Jinnie refuses to even talk about Jiwon. My 7 year old little girl wants nothing to do with her mother. And I can only blame Jiwon for that."

"It makes sense." He nods, as if realizing something.

"What does?"

"Why you wanted to stay for the kids. You wanted them to have that relationship with their mother. And she didn't give them the love they needed. Hell, do you think she resents the kids?"

"Soojin, I don't think so. Jae-sun, though." I swallow the lump in my throat thinking about this. "She didn't want him to be mine. So because he is and the fact that he can out looking like me. I think she resents him. She had somewhat of an okay relationship with Jinnie but not Jae."