Ch. 25

Jaebeom and I have been in a relationship for about a week, and I'm so excited to see where we go from here. We're on a walk right now, walking hand in hand and talking about his day at work. The partnership is going well and the companies he's been working with are doing amazing, alongside his company. It makes me happy to hear him so happy with his business ventures.

We walk by a park and I spot Namjoon and the kids. They're playing and having a blast while Namjoon is supervising. I quickly turn Jaebeom around and direct him to walk the other way. I don't want to walk that way and the kids see me. They'll want to know who Jaebeom is and I have no issues telling them, but I don't know how Namjoon would feel about them meeting my boyfriend.

Jaebeom chuckles and stops us from walking. "What's this about?"

I smile, shaking my head. "The kids I care for are playing over there. And if they see you, they'll want to meet you."

"I don't mind meeting them."

"I'm not too sure about their dad, though."

"I thought he wasn't so bad?" Jaebeom raises his brow.

"He isn't at all." I shake my head. "But you know parents and with strangers danger. I'll talk to him though to see when you'll be able to meet them. Because I really want you to meet them."

"Okay." He kisses my temple and we continue walking in the way I pulled him.

Another reason I didn't walk with him that way is because of Namjoon. He starts showing some jealous tendencies anytime I do much as mention Jaebeom. I almost have to censor or watch myself when I'm texting or talking to him on the phone. I don't know why Namjoon just decided to act like that. I thought we had a clear understanding about where we were, in terms of remaining professional. What we had going on was too complicated to begin with and I almost wish that I handled that differently. But had I not, I may have never met Jaebeom. So I'm thankful that our weird relationship led me to my boyfriend.

We walk for a bit longer, just looking around the city until we come to a froyo place. We both get something and I smile as I enjoy my cone. Jaebeom frowns slightly, so I frown. "What?"

"You got something there." He points to my lips, then presses his to mine. I giggle as he licks the froyo from my lips, sucking my bottom lip and chuckling as he lets go. "There. All clean. And good choice in flavor."

"If you wanted to taste, all you had to do was ask." I laugh.

"But I wanted to taste it off of you." He whispers in my ear, sending a trail of goosebumps from my ear and down my arms.

"Spicy, Mr. JB." I fan myself, earning a laugh from him. "Keep that up and I'm stealing you for the night."

"Speaking of night," He starts. "Would you like to spend the night? I have movies and we can eat junk."

"Let me make sure I'm not needed at home."

He nods as I pull my phone out to send a text to Namjoon.

Me:
Hey, did you need me for the kids tonight? If not, I was going to stay out

Namjoon 😁:
Nope, I don't think so. Have a good night tonight. We'll see you tomorrow :)

"Looks like I'm good to go."

--

Back at Jaebeom's place, we gather all the snacks we can and pick out a few movies, starting with John Wick. He starts the movie on his TV that's way too damn big but has the most spectacular picture. I pop some chips into my mouth and get comfortable on the couch, lying my head on his lap as he rubs my shoulder softly. The way we have both confessed to seeing this movie so many times, but we're into it like we've never seen it before a day in our lives. There's something about Keanu Reeves's acting that just entices you.