Ch. 19

Namjoon's POV

"Daddy, where we going?" Soojin asks me from the backseat.

I haven't told her that they're going to see Jiwon yet, because I know my daughter. She's so rebellious when it comes to even mentioning her mother. It saddens me that it has come to that when she is only 7 years old. My daughter shouldn't feel that way about her mother.

"We're going to the park." I simply respond, telling only the partial truth.

It takes us about 25 minutes to get to the park and when we get here, I park the car and let the kids out. They run to the playground as I quickly look around. No Jiwon yet. I sigh as I take a seat on the bench, making sure to keep an eye out for my soon-to-be ex-wife while keeping my kids in my sight. Soojin pushes Jaesun on the swing and he laughs loudly, requesting her to push him higher. I smile softly at them. Those two are my world and it's them that gives me the drive and determination to do what I do everyday. They will have the very best because they deserve it.

About 15 minutes into them playing, Jiwon is still nowhere in sight. I specifically said Saturday at 2. I'm getting really tired of her shit. If she stands us up, that's it. She won't be seeing the kids until a lawyer gets involved. I'm trying to work with her without getting the courts involved, but she's making it so damn hard. What's so hard about making time for your children? The beings that you carried and bore into this world? I begin to get upset thinking about her.

My phone begins to ring and I think it's Jiwon when I answer it. "Where are you?"

"Um, at home?" My beating heart calms when I hear Harlow's voice. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I huff. "Just a little agitated."

"I can tell. Is she there?"

"No. And that's what agitating. She can't even be here on time to see our kids. I'm getting angry."

Harlow sighs on the other side. "I know, Namjoon. But you have to keep it cool for the kids. Especially Jinnie. You know she'll ask you a million questions."

I chuckle, nodding in agreement. "Yeah she will. I'm sorry, I didn't even ask what you needed."

"Oh, no. It's fine. It isn't much. I was just calling to see if you wanted meatloaf for dinner."

"Sounds good."

"Okay. I'll see you when you get back. I hope everything goes well."

"Thank you so much. See you in a bit."

"Okay. Bye."

The call ends and I sigh. She did help relieve a bit of my anger. Just the sound of her voice helps me relax. She's the best, honestly. I focus my full attention back on the kids and they've moved on to the slide.

"Daddy, look!" Jaesun says, going down the slide on his stomach. He almost flies completely off the slide, but his hands catch him as he gets to the bottom. "Daddy, did you see me?"

"I did, buddy. That was so cool!" I smile at him, happy to see him having such a great time. "Come here so I can tie your shoes."

He runs over to me quickly, being careful not to trip over his shoelaces. I know my 4 year old doesn't understand a thing that's going on, so he hasn't really questioned where his mom is. I take this as my opportunity to ask him, just to see what he says without Soojin being in his ear.

"What do you think about mommy?" I ask as I start to tie his shoes.

"Mommy?" Jae looks around at the mention of her, then huffs slightly. "I miss mommy, daddy. Where is her?"