Ch. 37

Namjoon's POV

"Happy father's day, daddy!" Soojin and Jaesun yell in my face as they start bouncing on my bed.

I groan as I rub my eyes, sitting up and blinking to see my two overly energetic children at 8 a.m. bouncing. They giggle and I smile sleepily at them. It may be early on a Sunday morning, but I wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world.

"Thank you. Why are you two up so early?"

"We wanted to wish you that before anyone else." Soojin states, matter of factly.

"Is that so?" I yawn, stretching my arms up. "Then you have accomplished just that. What should we do today?"

"We gotta go have fun, daddy!" Jaesun says excitedly. "Go to the playground!"

"I think I'm too big for the playground." I laugh. "Let's go out for lunch, then Harly can come over later if she's not busy so daddy can go out. Sound good?"

"Yup." Jin nods. "You gotta brush your teeth, daddy. It's kinda stinky."

I fake gasp. "Rude, but you're right. Go make your beds and then we'll get breakfast."

The kids run out and I have a moment to myself. Going out sounds so peaceful, especially since I plan on just going on a bike ride around downtown. With everything that's been going on recently, taking some time to just enjoy what's good in my life is just what I need.

I check my phone to see a text message that was sent about 5 minutes ago. It's Harlow, wishing me a happy father's day. My heart flutters, a feeling I haven't felt in a very long time. All over three words and a smiley face. I've come to the point where I can openly admit my feelings for her. I know that she is someone I want to pursue. I just hope I haven't fumbled my opportunity with her.

I quickly give her a call, not sure why my heart rate has increased so much. She answers, her voice so sweet and laced with sleep. "Hello?"

"Hi, good morning. I hope I didn't wake you." I start.

"No, it's fine. Good morning. Happy father's day."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"What's up?"

"Um, if you aren't busy tonight, could you sit with the kids for a bit? I wanted to go out, get some fresh air."

"Of course. I'm not busy. My dad and I are going out for dinner around 4. What time do you need me?"

I let out a sigh of relief before speaking. "Maybe 6, 6:30?"

"Sounds good. See you then."

We end the call and I get out of bed to get myself cleaned up. I shower and dress comfortably. It's a Sunday and I'm not doing much. Going downstairs, I go into the kitchen where the kids have taken out some items for me to make breakfast. I smile, having them hand me different ingredients as we make our meal together. The entirety of our cooking is me taking in my children. This day is really made for me. This day is really everything I've wanted in life. I'm a father to 2 amazing kids, and honestly, it couldn't get any better than that.

After we cook and eat, the kids run upstairs as I clean the kitchen. They're up there for a little bit before they come back downstairs and Soojin is shushing Jaesun. I turn around to see them with their hands behind their backs. They're smiles are big as they giggle.

I dry my wet hands, raising my eyebrow. "Whatcha got behind your backs, hm?"

They show me, and my heart swells as I see the pictures they've made for me. Jaesun can't wait to shove them in my hands. "We made these at school, daddy!"