Ch. 33

Just my luck. Just my fucking luck. The name of my boyfriend rambles off of my tongue and by the look on his face, he's heard enough. I can't tell his emotions by his eyes, but his face holds nothing but confusion. I want to move, I want to speak, hell, I want to do anything that will help dig me out of this hole I'm in. I can barely breathe as I keep eye contact with Jaebeom.

His hand makes its way to my cheek, softly running his thumb across a tear that has slid down from my eye. "Princess."

I want to break down in tears at my pet name. I don't, and just let the tears fall from my eyes. "What did you hear?"

"Enough to know that we need to talk. As soon as possible."

"Can we do it now?"

He sighs and shakes his head. "I'm still a man of my work and I have some business to discuss with Namjoon."

I look back at Namjoon, who has now stood up and began fixing his tie. He clears his throat and nods. "Of course."

"I'll see you later. Okay, baby?" He kisses my lips softly and I nod. "I'll call you when I've got everything situated."

He steps to the side and lets me walk past him. I don't know how long their little impromptu meeting will take, but I know it'll feel like a lifetime for me. My heart is beating like crazy and it doesn't slow down one bit as Namjoon's office door closes. I just hope it's over quickly so I can see Jaebeom and explain myself.

--

Namjoon's POV

I motion toward the chair Harlow sat in for Jaebeom and the air is incredibly tense. This man probably heard me confess my feelings for his girlfriend. And now we have to talk about work. I almost don't know what to say to him, but if he's got business to handle, we will do that. But I need to address the elephant in the room first.

"I really want to apologize for whatever you had heard."

"Wrong place, wrong time." Jaebeom chuckles softly. "That's something we can deal with outside of work time. Right now, we've got a business to run."

I nod to him, agreeing. "Absolutely. So, what brings you this way today?"

We begin to discuss the preparations for the trip to Korea. I explain a bit about how operations there are different here, but what his department does is totally up to him. As long as everyone is on the same page at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

"So, the last week, all operations are on you."

"Sounds good." He nods. "Thank you."

"Not a problem. Anything else you need to know?"

"Yes, actually. Just this one thing."

"Okay."

"Now that this business is handled, I'm curious as to what business you have with my girlfriend."

I feel as if all the wind was knocked out of my body. I wasn't expecting him to ask that so suddenly. I'm very nervous to answer him, but this is an issue that I've created. So I need to man up and fix it. Before I can speak, he adds more on.

"I know she's your nanny and it shocked me when I found out, and also made me nervous. I didn't want her to feel like I was using her."

"So, you really didn't know?"

"How would I know something like that?" He chuckles. "We are still learning about each other and you and I are partners. Those are two different things. That doesn't include me knowing what happens in your personal life."