Ch. 10

After taking the kids to school, I head back to the Kim house to help Namjoon pack up some things. Because of who he is, he was easily able to purchase a home for him and the kids. I actually think he had that house on standby for this day to come, but he didn't think it would be this soon. I'm just glad he's had enough of feeling second best and taking it upon himself to leave this place and her. 

When I walk inside, there are already some people inside, helping move things out of the house and into the U-haul truck. I make my way to Jin's room and start packing up her clothes, then going into Jae's and doing the same. Their beds had already been taken out along with their toys. Loading their belongings now into the back of my car, I come back in to see Namjoon coming down the hall, huffing in frustration.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask, following him it the kitchen.

"No." He shakes his head. "I didn't want to have to do this. It isn't fair to the kids."

"I know." Is all I can say.

He shakes his head once more. "We deserve better. I know I'm doing right by them, but the sudden move with no explanation is going to be hard to actually explain."

"I'd offer to tell them for you, but it isn't my place."

"I know. And I couldn't ask you to do that. I hate that you've gotten wrapped up in all this."

I shake my head with a small smile. "If it happens to make your life any easier, I'll get wrapped up in whatever."

Namjoon cracks a soft smile and looks at me. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're flirting with me."

I swallow hard, my ears pounding and my body heat rising. I instantly panic, failing to hide it. I wasn't flirting, of course I wasn't. Was I? "I-"

Namjoon breaks into a laugh at my sudden panic. "Harly, calm down. I'm joking."

I take a deep breath, leaning back against the counter with a silent chuckle. "With everything happening, I'm just kind of paranoid."

"I totally get it. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit."

"I should be doing that." I joke. "You do too much. You need to relax, kick your feet up."

"I will at the new house. I have the next few days off. Which reminds me, later I wanna talk to you."

I nod, then we go off to finish packing his and the kids things. After another 3 hours, we're now ready to head to the new house. The movers have already left and Namjoon is still standing in front of the house as I turn around. I walk up to him and he looks to me, sadly smiling.

"I'm doing the right thing." He says to me, in more of a statement than a question.

"You are, Namjoon. Down the line, the kids will thank you and you'll thank yourself. You deserve happiness, even if that means starting over somewhere else."

He nods, closing his eyes and turning on his heel. "I've texted Jiwon that she can come back to the house. And that the next time she'll hear from me is when I get my divorce lawyer involved."

We head toward our respectful cars and I nod at him. "Whatever you need during that time, don't hesitate to ask me."

"You've done so much for us already. What more can I possibly ask for?"

"As your nanny and friend, it's the least I can do."

"That's why you're the best." He genuinely smiles at me, dimples visible. "Just follow behind me, the GPS will give you the long way there."