4. Beat

Just a small update to thank everyone for putting me at #286 in vampire, with only three chapters up.  I think that's pretty huge.  I literally squealed when I saw, and I'm not a girly girl by any means.

I don't know what Ted had given me, but the beat of the music drove my heart and I couldn't stop moving.  The crowd below me disappeared and the music became my other half.  It moved with me, my eyes closed and I was the happiest I had ever been.  I opened my eyes just once, and they immediately latched onto Stoic.  I kept my eyes on him as he stared me down.  I wiggled my hips and sashayed down low, bringing myself up slowly, then closed my eyes again, getting lost in my new lover.

I danced pass the point of soreness, pass the point of my muscles burning, and pass the point of sleep.  The abrupt stop of music and my cage being pulled up only made my body throb, the music still in my viens.  The bass echoing in my heart.  Silence was swallowing me, only over thrown by my heavy breathing.

"You girls did lovely, time to go home."

Ted's words pulled me back from my world and I felt my body come crashing down from the high.  I followed behind the other girls, who didn't bother to change from our barely there outfits, down the stairs and outside.  The ride home was silent, with my eyes closed I could still feel the echo of the bass running through my blood and I desperately wanted the music to return.

I know I should be mortified by my skin showing, but I walked in a dream state up to my room, ignoring the prying eyes that were drawn to me like moths to a flame.  I closed the door to the room quietly, not wanting to interrupt the beat in my head, and set out for my room behind his.  My eyes had started to close and I took a few steps blindly, only to have arms wrapped around my waist and lips close to my neck.

"I didn't expect such good results from you Stacy."

I froze slightly, but his skin, his heat, his breath on my neck sent waves of pleasure through me.  "Hmmmm"  I could feel his smile just below my ear.

"Still feeling the effects are we?  I don't know if I like this Stacy or shy Stacy better."

I stood still, waiting for him to do anything.  After a moment, he picked me up and took me to the bathroom.  He stood me in the shower and I turned around to look at him.  He was still as much of a heart throb as the first day I met him.  I hadn't been paying attention to what he was doing, I couldn't move my gaze from his lips that had just been so close to my skin moments ago.

Cold water poured over me, causing my spine to curl and a shriek to escape my lips.  I tried to move away, but he only pushed me back into the spray.

"I think you need to cool down.  This isn't like you and I don't want you to regret anything."

He kept me in the ice torture until I was shivering, before walking out and leaving me.  I wrapped a towel around my soaking clothes and shivered myself to my room, where I quickly changed into my night gown.  The cold shower had drained everything out of me, all of the drug and my energy, and not long after tucking myself under the covers, I fell into a deep slumber.