39. Assistant

Stacy had made an excellent pa, an excellent, and sexy pa.  The only issue I had, was that I couldn't send her on long errands like a normal pa.  Even with me drinking from her daily, leaving her light headed or on the brink of unconsciousness, she still couldn't be away from me for more than thirty minutes.  The calling had only weakened slightly after a week, and after a week I had to meet with Kohle.

We had previously agreed to meet at one week, two weeks and one month after opening.  Then monthly for six months before starting on the next Bare commodity.  I could have handled it all, but now, I had to take Stacy with me, and her and Kohle had a past.

"Stacy"  I spoke into her hair.  Today was the day of the meeting.  I hadn't talked to her about it, but I knew she knew as my pa. "I have a meeting with Kohle today, that man that did...  The man from the opening night."  Her body tensed in my hold, and I held her tighter to my chest, using the calling to comfort her.  "Today will be painful for you, if you go or if you stay."  I kissed her hair, stupid bond.  "I'm not going to force you to go, but I don't know how long I will be gone.  We both know what it's like to be away from each other."  I turned her in my arms and kissed her lips, then got up to start the day out. 

I wasn't looking forward to the meeting.  It wasn't going to be bad, itself,  The lounge was running smoothly, the numbers were at the high side of where they were supposed to be.  I just didn't like dealing with Kohle, after finding out what kind of person he was.  I know what I am, and what I enjoy.  I know it hurts others and I do take pleasure from that, but Kohle.  He hurts people just out of boredom.  He gives a whole new meaning to terrorist.

I came out, to find Stacy dressed and waiting on me.

"I'll be hurt today, if I stay home or if I go.  But I don't want to force you to hurt with me.  We have a better chance at keeping this a secret if I go."

I grinned at her.  "You just can't be without seeing this handsome face." 

Stacy blushed slightly at me.  It was the first time I had flirted with her and not in a way made to embarrass her.  She held her head down and walked out to the greeting room, waiting on me to get dressed.

I don't know how I would pull this off today.  It was supposed to be a casual meeting, just to touch base with each other.  Kohle was a hard man to read.  A hard man to predict.  But I know he loved torturing Stacy at the opening, despite being all business.  He would do it again this time.  And this time, there was no one but me to stop him if he got too close. 

I had Richard drive us, just for back up not that he would be in the room or actually be any help.  But he was like my security blanket right now and that gave me comfort.  Comfort that Stacy had taken from me by holding my hand. 

We had sat close, leaving only an inch of air for our skin to breath.  I could feel the nerves coming off of her, the anxiety of what she was about to walk into.  I sat calmly, going over the numbers with her one last time.  I wanted her to be able to show her worth while we were there.  To help explain why she was my pa, not that she wasn't smart enough to be.  I quizzed her, going over everything, and under the cover of the open manila file, she slipped her hand in mine, lacing our fingers together. 

I squeezed them once, and continued, letting my face become unaffected.  We stayed like this until Richard shut the driver's door.

"I'll be right there Stace."  I closed the file and took ownership of my hand, putting things away as Richard opened the door for us.

Stacy followed behind me, just like a good slave would, as we were greeted and led into Kohle's office.  Everything was cold and hard.  No emotion from the objects that decorated his space other than that of a few paintings.  All of which were humans depicted under great amount of pain in various forms of torture from maleficent creatures.