12. Ricochet

I let Stacy and Dan get Kyle settled in.  Kyle took Stacy's old room, so he would still be close and Stacy wouldn't have a choice to go back, not that there weren't other rooms in this wing, but I wanted to make it well known to her that she couldn't. 

I left them to it, and made my way to where my humans were kept.  I needed a drink and wanted something new.  I had gathered a few female slaves that kept me sated, and constantly bought ones that I could drain.  Tonight I wanted something fresh, something I had to show restraint with and that would spread word throughout the mansion of my crudeness.

I didn't make trips to the human's wing very often, and got quite a few shocked eyes glancing at me then quickly looking away.  I was only a third of the way in to their side when I spotted what I had wanted.  I walked straight to the girl frozen in fear.  Her dark hair covered her tan face as her hands trembled against the wall, desperately trying to keep herself from falling.

I pulled her hand gently, letting her body follow into the center of the hallway.  "Don't be scared, be terrified."  Those were the words I spoke right before I pulled her head to the side and bit down deep.  I tasted her fear, felt her heart pulse in my mouth as the blood flowed over my tongue.  Fear tasted cold, refreshing, energizing.  I loved it, and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in close.  Her whimpers and tears only drove me, and it was more than difficult for me to stop.

Only when Stacy turned the corner with Dan and Kyle in tow, did I release my prey.  I heard Dan gasp and saw her pull Kyle to her leg.  I dropped the girl in my arms, rather haphazardly on the floor.  I didn't bother to wipe my mouth and licked my lips looking right at Stacy.  She wasn't looking at me, but by the red of her cheeks she knew what I was doing right this moment.

"Stacy, have someone help this girl to her room."  With that I left, walking between them and leaving horror on Dan's face.

She had known me as a human, known how nice and gentle I could be, but she had never directly seen this part of me.  Never seen me drink from the source, never seen me not care about another person.  I think she might have mistook the caring I have for her as one of my best dancers and thought I genuinely cared for her as a person.  Humility can be so cruel.

I didn't see Dan before she left.  She had tucked Kyle in and kissed him, then cried all the way to my front door.  Stacy had come in with tear rimmed eyes and went directly to the bathroom to bathe for the night.

Despite the water's spray, I could smell the salty tears that she had been trying so hard to hide.  Stacy was a sweet and innocent girl, that's why I liked her so much.

She came out in a robe that I had so kindly placed in there, just for her.  She kept her head down as she tried to escape my very presence.  I caught her, knowing that she only had one little knot of a belt keeping her clothed would make her feel more than embarrassed around me.

"Stacy, do you have any other clothes than your uniform and night gowns?"

She pulled her robe closed tight up against her neck, still keeping her head down.  "No master."

I got up form the bed, in only my boxer briefs and strode over to her, reaching a hand out to run finger down her arm.  "Will you be joining me tonight?"

A tear slipped as she slammed her eyes shut.  "Y-yes ma-master."

My fingertip gave way to my whole hand and my other moved her chin up so she was facing me.  "No need to be scared Stac, your fear only makes my mouth water."  I kissed her cheek and let her go to her room to change.  I could hear her heart ricocheting off her ribs and a smiled etched its way to my face. 

I knew she didn't want to sleep in my bed with me, but she didn't want to make me mad after what she had just seen today.  She knew I got mean after I ate.  Something about feeding the vampire in me, brought out its nature.  Right now I wanted to ravish her, body and blood.  I had dreamed many hours away of the taste of her.  But I knew that once I had a drop, that it wouldn't be the same after.  I had put her above all others and didn't want the reality of it to crash down.  Somehow, my dreams were always much better than when they became true, and I wanted to keep Stacy like that.

Stacy entered my bed, much in the same fashion she had the last time.  She had set a baby monitor down on the nightstand before tucking herself in, leaving her back to me.

"Stacy, what is that thing you brought to bed?"

"So I can hear Kyle if he needs me."

I pulled her arm so I could talk to her, watching her face.

"Stac, the boy is almost six.  He is far from a baby."

Just then the red lights glowed as the little boys voice began to sing.  He was singing twinkle twinkle to himself and then he started to cry, whimpering for his mommy.  Stacy whipped the covers back and was ready to run to him, but I blocked her way and pushed her back into the bed.  Smashing the monitor into the ground I commanded her.  "Do not go to him.  He needs to learn to be strong.  You are only supposed to make sure he is bathed and fed, not to be his new mommy."

Stacy looked horrified.  I had never been physical with her like that, ever.  She arranged herself under the cover again, but the stiffness didn't leave her.  I crawled back into the bed, going over her, purposely getting close to her to get any kind of reaction from her I could.

She lay there like a dead corpse in my bed and all I could hear were the calls of a child for his mother from down the hall.