17. twinkle

We had gotten to the club in silence.  Stacy was a nervous mess, while Richard was still brooding over me picking on him.  We drove one of my black Audi suv's and I made sure to make eye contact with the valet. 

Richard was ahead of us, as I had to pull Stacy behind me.  I whispered in her ear. "Stay close, I don't want you getting hurt."  and after that she was glued to my side the whole time.  The three of us headed to Ted's office, and after catching one to many eyes, I made Stacy walk between Richard and I.  I didn't have to say a word to tell Richard to protect her, he just knew by a quick glance from him to her back to him what I meant.

I sat down in a chair in Ted's office and so did Richard, leaving Stacy to stand, resting her hand on the back of my chair.

"Didn't expect you to bring company tonight."  Ted's eyes flicked to Stacy and I knew what he had meant.  I had casual flings since Ruth, but not human, and not anyone I would ever bring to business with.  I made sure that all the lays thought I was a no body, just some smooth talking, good looking, best fucking guy.

"I need her for when I talk to Dan about her son."  It's true,  I wanted Stacy here just in case Dan was worried about Kyle's home life.  I had no clue about it and the only way to reassure her would be straight from the caretakers mouth.

"You mean that little shit head Kyle?"  I felt the cushion on the back of my chair tighten under Stacy's grip and I couldn't help but laugh.  I liked Kyle and I couldn't imagine why Ted didn't like him.  "That little fucker almost burned down the kitchen.  Said he wanted to roast marshmallows and when it caught fire he freaked out and flung it into the grease.  Lucky Old Coot isn't so damn old and put it out."

My laugh stopped mid breath.  He had almost burned down my club, that little shit head.  I would have to talk to him later about that.  "Did you take Ol Coot to the doctor?"

Ted leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head.  "Yeah, he has arthritis, diabetes, high cholesterol,  old people disease.  They gave him some pills for it all and said he could go a few more years before he wouldn't be able to work in the kitchen anymore.  Said he would just get so slow he'd burn everything he cooked.  You know that old geezer is over sixty?"

"Damn."  I shook my head.  He has to be the oldest human alive.  "Other than the fire incident, how has Kyle been?"

"A pain in my ass mostly.  He won't shut up and sneaks out of the kitchen to talk to Dan on her breaks.  Dan says she scolds him, but what that kid needs is a good ass whooping and then he will learn, fast."

I'm sure Dan scolds him as much as she can.  Somehow I find it hard to believe that anyone can keep a straight face around that kid.  He just needed someone strong to show him the way.  "What about his cooking? And him working with Ol Coot?"

I haven't tasted what he's cooked, but it smells good and the girls like it.  He works really good with Old Coot.  They make a pretty good team."

"I'm going to go spy on him then talk to Dan on her break.  Richard you can go hang out.  No drinks from Rudy, I don't want to drive home."

Richard winked and pointed a finger gun at me before leaving the office.  I rolled my eyes at him before heading in the opposite direction.

I pulled Stacy with me to the kitchen, through the keep.  I know she hasn't seen anything like this and I want her to know just how good she has it with me.

"You bring me fresh meat?"  Nathan snickered at me.  He is one sick guy, but he is one hell of a worker and kept the human product in line.

"Fuck off my slave, Nathan."