29. Boobies!

I woke to giggles.  Giggles of a small boy and of a beautiful female voice.

"Kyle, you need to be quiet, You're going to wake Master Stoic.  And he's like a grumpy bear when he wakes up."

"Do you know what today is Stacy?"  Kyle not so quietly whispered.

"No, what's today?"

"Today is my Mommy's birthday, and I get to go see her for the whole day.  Mommy said so.  Can you help me make her a cake?  I don't have any presents for her, but she likes strawberry cake."

"Really, because I thought it was you who liked strawberry cake."  Stacy tickled him and I could hear both their giggles.  They were in her room with the door closed.

I got up and did my morning business, leaving the door open was a habit and as I walked across the bathroom naked I heard Kyle.

"Ew gross.  You have a hairy butt."

I shook my head and stepped into the shower, letting the steam encase me.

"Stacy, Stacy!  Master Stoic has a pool in his bathroom.  Can we go swimming in there?" 

Kyle was in the bathroom, trying to get Stacy to walk in with him.

"That's a bath tub not a pool."

"I need a bath Stacy, I peed the bed last night."  I have never in my life, ever heard a little boy more excited that he peed himself.  "Please please please Stacy."  I glanced out but could only see foggy forms.

"Stace, just give him a bath already.  I don't want Dan to think we don't bathe the boy when I bring him over smelling like urine."

I heard the water running a few minutes later.  It took the heat from my shower and the steam on the glass became a little more translucent.  I could see Kyle throwing his clothes off and diving into the tub.  A few seconds later I heard a big splash and Stacy's heart beating frantically.  The tub was big and deep and Kyle couldn't swim apparently. 

I heard him coughing and Stacy shushing him as he cried slightly.  I walked out of the shower and saw her, standing in the tub with his little naked body wrapped around her upper chest.  His head laid on her shoulder still sobbing.  Stacy glanced at me, then closed her eyes and kissed Kyle's wet hair. 

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me, crouching down at the edge of the tub.  "You okay buddy?"

He nodded his head slightly then lifted it off Stacy's shoulder to hug her neck.  I left the two of them to finish up and got dressed.  Since it was Dan's birthday, I had agreed to meet her somewhere if she wanted. 

Dan wanted to take Kyle to the park for a few hours, then said she would come back to my mansion for the rest of the time.  She didn't know, but I had planned on surprising her by letting Kyle spend the night.

I heard Stacy step out and carry Kyle to her room.  She had to change now too, her clothes were soaking wet.  I sat on the bed to put on my socks when I heard Stacy squeal and Kyle yell "boobies!"

Kyle came out of her room with a slamming door.  "I saw Stacy's boobies.  They're really big."  His smile was contagious.

"What else did you see?"

He shrugged his shoulders and sat on the bed with me.  "Can Stacy go with us to my Mom's birthday party?  I really want her to go with."

"I don't think that's such a good idea."  I had both shoes on and stood up, walking out of the door.

"But why?"

I headed towards his room.  He had a towel wrapped around him still and it was dragging on the ground as we walked.  His dark brown hair was a mess on his head.

"Stacy and I aren't getting along right now."  I thought it was a simple explanation, but Kyle could turn anything into a full blown discussion.

"She said you did something bad and you don't know how to say sorry.  She says you're scared."

"It's more than that Kyle."

We were at his room and he threw down his towel and started picking out slacks and a button up shirt.  "More like what?  Momma said that boys can be stupid and that an apology and effort fixes everything."

I helped him dress, and buttoned his shirt.  "I did do something mean, but that isn't all.  It's something that an apology can't fix Kyle."

"That's why you need the effort, duh.  Don't button it all the way, only girls do that.  Boys leave the top one or two undone.  Don't you know anything?"

I had been so deep in conversation with a six year old, I hadn't heard Stacy's heart beat behind me.  I could feel her eyes on the two of us and knew she was smiling.  I could feel it in the air.

"You ready Kyle?  We still have a cake to make before we leave."

Kyle scurried around me and to Stacy who had her hand out for him.  She kept her smile on her face for him, but with one flicker of her eyes to me, she knew what had happened.  She had heard Kyle's words to me, and mine to his and she had figured it out.

I waited for them in the study.  Kyle came bursting in the room, followed by Stacy who was carrying the cake.

"Let's go, hurry, we're going to be late."

"Kyle, we still have thirty minutes before we need to leave."

"No no, we're going to be late.  We need to be there early.  I have to set up the picnic before she gets there."  Kyle brought the basket out from behind him.  "And Stacy has to come too.  She has to help setup for the picnic and carry the cake."

I glanced to Stacy out of habit and I wished I wouldn't have.  I could see the distance I had created in her eyes, and the questions there of why I did what I did to her.  I looked back at Kyle's pleading eyes and boy was it hard to say no to him when he really wanted something.

"Fine, but she rides in back with you."