18. Dance

Stacy and I headed up stairs to the dance studio where the girls hung out on their breaks.  They should be done soon and I hoped this would go well.  I didn't think it wouldn't, but I didn't want to emotionally distress Dan in the middle of her shift.

I glanced back at Stacy who was looking in the mirror at herself.  I don't think she has every seen herself looking like this.  I know there wasn't a mirror big enough in the room she changed in.  I watched her eyes rake over her own figure, watched the muscles slackened on her face and her own reaction to what had made me mentally stumble. 

I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and leaned close to her ear.  "You look beautiful Stacy."  I watched her blush and then fight down a small smile.  Her hands went loosely over mine and I wasn't sure if it was to hold my hand against her or to keep them from roaming.  The mechanics of the motor kicked on to bring the cages up and I kissed Stacy's cheek, quickly leaving her looking at the very image I loved so much.

Dan and Diamond rose from the floor in their cages, glistening, and up close I could smell the thrum of hot blood in the air.  Diamond eyed Stacy up before walking to her vanity.  I wanted to shake my head at the girl, she had always been one to get into fights.  Stacy followed me to Dan's assigned vanity, too timid to push Diamond back.

"I wanted to talk to you about Kyle.  We don't have to do this now, but it shouldn't be a big discussion."

Dan took a large swallow of her water, letting air gurgle back into the bottle.

"I already talked to Ted about Kyle coming to see me.  He won't do it anymore except to bring us lunch and stock waters."

"It's not that."

"If it's about the marshmallow thing he won't be doing that either.  I told him if he burned the place down then he wouldn't be able to see me anymore."

"It's not that either."

Dan leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees.  She was dripping with sweat and it was making my hunger growl.  "Him sneaking into the cage and dancing last Thursday?"

"No but why wasn't I aware of this?"

"Shit, it was his first strike and Ted said we would keep it between us."

I shook my hand at her.  These girls were unbelievable.  "I'll deal with that later.  I wanted to put Kyle in some classes, teach him to read and write better, give him a general education."

"Of course.  Why would that be a problem at all?"

"Well" I hesitated, cautious of the possible blow this might cause, "if I give him schooling, then he can't work here as often.  We could do a few hours work then school or vice versa, or we could do three days work two days school."

"Oh."  Dan's face fell a little.  "I never thought you would do so much for Kyle, for me."

Cue the damn water works.  The smell of sweat, the pheromones, hot blood and a heart pounding in her chest, all of it drove the vampire out of me.  I reached out for Stacy's hand, hoping her touch would keep me composed.
"Look, I'm really doing this for myself.  I know you girls talk, and you probably have heard that Cooter isn't going to be around in a few years.  I needed someone to train to replace him.  You said Kyle can cook, and he can, pretty damn well actually.  But he needs to be able to do basic math, read and write.  He needs to know about food borne illnesses and how digestion works.  How the taste of food translates into the blood stream.  All of those things will further his trade, and in turn make me money."

Dan was nodding her head and wiped her face, clearing it of any escaped tears.  "I understand.  I do, but it still means a lot to me."  Diamond stood up and put her hand on Dan's shoulder.  I know under that bitch motif that there was a really good person and a really good friend.

I gripped Stacy's hand tighter, having a hard time dealing with the mess in front of me.  I needed to be sympathetic to her situation right now, so she could continue to work and not disrupt my business.  "I need an approval and an answer."

"Of course I want him to have an education.  And, this is not really the best place for a six year old boy to be."  She held up her hand and show cased the room and then herself and Diamond.  The girls always wore outfits that were on the skimpy side and I can just imagine what kind of thoughts it had given Kyle. 

She let her hand fall to her thigh, the moisture making a sharp smacking sound.  "I can't help to be selfish.  I think half the day here and half the day at school."

"Good, I'll let Ted know and we will start him tomorrow. Stacy will be overseeing his education, making sure he does his work."

Dan nodded again and wiped her face more, keeping her head down.  Dan was a tough girl, and she was trying not to look otherwise.  Diamond kept a faint smile on her face while she hugged Dan.

I took it as my cue to leave, pulling Stacy along with me.  She had been silent the whole time, not reacting to the situation, always so timid.  As we took the first few steps, our joined hands changed somehow.  It felt different, more forced and commanding from my side and I wondered how else it had felt before.  I was so wrapped up with trying not to be dominant with Dan that I hadn't felt the change between Stacy and I.  I let her hand fall from mine and tried to remember exactly how the sensation had come about as we headed to Ted's office, to let him know the changes that will be made.

I barged in, seeing him click a few times on the computer, bringing up another thought. "Show me the tape of that little shit dancing in the cage."

Ted closed his eyes briefly then clicked away and turned the screen towards me.  On the full screen, was Kyle, dancing, twerking, and all out having a blast.  I wanted to be pissed, I really did, but this kid never failed to put a smile on my face.  "How long?"

"About two minutes.  I had stepped out to piss and came back to this on my screen.  I never ran so fast in all my life."

I squinted my eyes at Ted.  He had just lied to me.  "You saw it ten seconds after it happened and it only took you so long because you couldn't stop laughing to get up the stairs."

I could hear a silent fuck as he dropped his head then looked back to me.  "I really don't want to get into trouble over this kid."

"Good thing he won't be around as much.  He'll still be here every day, only for half a shift, so pick first half or last half based off of demand."

"Is he in trouble or something?"  Ted asked concerned.  This kid was getting to everyone it seemed.

"He wasn't, until I came here and found out what hell he has been raising.  I'm giving him an education, to help further his trade.  He's going to start schooling."

Ted produced a lopsided smile. "First half, that's when we have to set up and make rounds to the human product."

I nodded slowly, making mental notes of what all I needed to do to arrange this.  "Where is Richard at?"

Ted glanced over the screen and found him cozied up in a corner with a girl.  He pointed to the screen. "South east end."