26. Blood

I sent a note to Grandpap to confirm our suspicions, I also asked him how much our maker was truly built into us and if we obtained any characteristics if we consumed from another vampire.

    Richard had delivered a note back to me, and I opened it in my bedroom.

    "Your maker is your alpha, your own personal god.  A god that creates in his own image.  After you are created, you are complete, all others are just food.

    "Kohle is a wise man.  He would not risk the possibility of a prodige on anything or anyone.  Do not get in his way.  A prodige is much more than a kindred spirit, much more than a bonded relationship.  We live for our heirs."

    I reread the note again, then tossed it into the fire place.  Grandpap hadn't come out and said it, but he loved me for my blood.  He cherished me for the continuation of the his line.  I knew this, but reading his words that almost came to say I love you to me, put me in a foul mood.

    If such a strong man could almost come to say those words to blood, I couldn't imagine the high price someone was willing to pay to have the chance.  I really needed the lounge to succeed or it would be more than my head.  It would cause a war between my Grandpap and Kohle.  If Kohle couldn't get his heir, couldn't get enough money, he would put that on me, and Grandpap would step in, to protect his blood.

    I watched the letter burn as Stacy walked into the room.  All of my problems were coming to me it seemed.  She only reminded me that there was something wrong with her, and that I needed to find someone to bond with and fast.  I couldn't, absolutely couldn't fuck up this deal.  There was more on the line than me now.

    Stacy was still weary of me, I could tell.  What was worse was that I hadn't feed properly.  I tried, but all the stress had ruined my appetite.

    "How's the little shit doing?"

    I heard Stacy come out of her room and get into my bed before I asked.  Right now I was looking out the window, blindly lost in my thoughts.

    "Kyle is doing well.  He is struggling in math, but I took him into the kitchen and showed him how fractions worked when it came to cooking.  We baked a cake and then I had him make a smaller one and tiered it.  We did the same with icing and it turned out really cute."

    Stacy hadn't taken the hint as to what my mood was, but I was about to make it very clear.  I turned around and undressed on my way to the bed.  I slowly crawled up to her stiff body.  I gripped her jaw to keep her facing me and kissed her roughly.  She didn't kiss me back, and remained unyielding, gripping the sheets.

    "You take such good care of him Stacy.  I think you should take good care of me."

    I shoved her head to the side and forced it down into the pillow with my palm.  I think she finally took the hint of what kind of mood I was in.  Salt hit the air and both her hands were on my wrist, trying to pull my hand off the side of her face.  I ripped one of her hands away and held it beside of her head.  Both of her hands were white knuckled as she started to plead and beg.

    "Stoic please don't.  Please."  It was amazing what a good adrenaline rush could do to her typical whiney stuttering.  I had to say that I loved this voice much more.

    "I know you want me Stacy.  I could smell it on you.  I bet you would want me now, if you weren't so scared."  I ran my nose up her neck softly then began to kiss the open skin.

    "I should have ate more.  Do you know how much control it takes for me not to drink" kiss "every" kiss "last" kiss "Drop." I ended, pulling her skin between my teeth.  I sat back on her hips and let go of her head, pulling both her wrists together and pinning them with one tight fist painfully to the mattress.  I reached into the band of my boxer briefs and pulled out the letter opener.

    "No Stoic.  Please no."  She squealed, steeling her body as the tip of the cold metal came down and graced her stomach.  I didn't press hard, only enough to make a raised line, abrasing the skin.  I bent down and licked her up the not quite cut.  This was the closest I had every let myself get, and it wasn't enough.  It was never going to be enough with her.

    I stabbed the opener into the wall above the head board and got off her.  In my haste I reached down to get some of my blood I kept and grabbed the flask.  I looked at it, then at her, doe eyed and terrified on my bed.  I needed to break this feeling of heaven.  The blood was a few days old and it shouldn't have tasted as good as it did.  I drank it to stave off my thirst for fresh, in hopes she could escape me before I let the animal in me loose.  She had seen me feed before, only briefly, and had no idea how truly primal I could be.

    I took a sip, and held it in my mouth, then let it slowly slither down my throat.  I could taste the settling, could taste the blood beginning to separate, but I could taste the sweetness and I needed more.  I guzzled the entire flask in a few short seconds, short enough that Stacy was just getting up from the bed and ready to run from me.  I tossed the silver flask to the ground with a clank and jumped from the bed to her.  I had her pinned to the window with her hands above her head.

    "My sweet Stacy.  My, my. You taste exquisite from the glass.  What must you taste like from the flesh?"  My hand ran from over her heart to wrap tightly around her neck.

    "Please Stoic no.  No please Master."  She was looking right into my eyes and in that very moment, it calmed me.  It calmed me enough, brought the human out of me enough that I was gentle with her.  My grip loosened on her wrists, and I let go of her neck, caressing a finger to her chin.  "I'm sorry Stacy I can't.  You're my heaven and I'm the devil, always trying to get in.  Always trying to get a taste, get a touch of warmth."

    I kissed her neck softly and her body relaxed only a hint, right before I sunk my teeth into her.

    My eyes rolled into the back of my head and my eyelids fluttered over this amazing flavor exploding in my mouth.  Fear coursed through her, the adrenaline tasted cold and shocking.  I moaned, I moaned and let her wrists go, pushing my body into hers to hold her up.  Her silken hair tangled in my hand as I grabbed the inside of one of her knees and hooked it around my elbow, pushing my hand into the cold glass.

    Her hand had fallen to my shoulder, and I felt her grip relax to dead weight before I stopped.  My tongue warmed her neck, and my lips kissed her, still tasting the remnants of blood on her flesh.

    I untangled my self from her and set her down on the bed.  I checked her eyes and listened to her breaths and heart.  She was still alive, just knocked unconscious.  I pulled her legs onto the bed, running my hand up one of them and letting my eyes follow the movement. 

    I was on an amazing high, and this was the one chance that I had where she couldn't tell me no, so I took it.  My human side had been pushed under, and my vampire side was in complete control.  After, I had never felt so disgusted in all my life.  I couldn't look at Stacy the same.  She would know what I had done, she would figure it out.  Stacy was a smart girl, but it didn't take a genius to figure out what I had done.

   I hope the last paragraph kills you.  Suspenssssseeeee

The part where Stoic smashed Stacy's face to the side and into the pillow had me tearing up, almost.  (for Stacey) Stoic is just getting too mean.  Too much ass/jerk isn't sexy.