27. Soft Open

I avoided her completely.  I don't know how I was able to do it, but somehow I managed, resulting in only sleeping for a few hours.  Every time I thought about what I did, It started out as a memory of pulling her shorts down, then her panties. The image of my fingers going back up her legs, make me sick and I shook my head to get the memories of what I did out.

The lounge was set and ready to open.  It had taken up a lot of my time despite having a partner and a whole team behind us.  I had set out notices in my club, and let all of the private members know about the new lounge and gave them a discount if they purchased a limitless membership.  I had quite a few already.  Especially when they found out that blood slaves would be walking to their table and personally deliver drinks. 

We got to taste and interview the girls who would be doing this job.  Part of their requirements were to get their blood type tattooed on their wrists, neck, or lower arm.  Kohle asked if we should hire some men, but I told him we could add more employees later if we needed.  The girls were kept.  They signed a contract stating that they would work for two years or until bankruptcy barring illness or death.  They stayed together, on a floor of one of Kohle's hotels.  The performers had the same contract, and would work the private room when they weren't performing.  We hired extras, so Kohle and I never had to worry about what had happened to me.

Tonight was the soft open.  Kohle and I arrived early with all the employees.  The lounge looked amazing, brown couches and chairs hung around the outskirts of the room.  The walls were painted a light blue, but had the under-glow of a dark blue shining on the edges.  Silk fabric hung from the ceiling in a deep cobalt shade that reminded me of Stacy's eyes.  That thought was swept out of my mind for fear of what other thoughts it would lead to. 

Ever since that night, my thirst has been overwhelming.  I have gone through enough blood slaves to last a month.  Interviewing those girls for the lounge would have been a disaster had I not killed three before I went.

I smiled and nodded politely as I sat down at the bar.  Rudy had trained the bartender so I knew I wouldn't have to worry about how good the drink was.  I took my first sip and the music started.  The performers dropped down from the black in the ceiling and I was momentarily mesmerized by their choreographed movements.  I had seen them perform before, but it never got old. 

I finished my drink and watched the people mingle, deciding that putting the door to the private room close to the front door was a good idea.   In the club, you could get lost in the crowd and slip into the private room unseen.  The lounge was much more laid back, and much less crowded, or at least it would be when things settled down.  The door to the private room had a symbol on it, that we put on all the cards.  It was located to the right of the kitchen and you had to go down a hallway to the back of the kitchen to get to the private room. 

I walked up to the bouncers I had helped hire and watched as the door slid into the wall without a movement from either of them.  I nodded politely and walked down the dark brown hall, letting my eyes adjust as I came into the private room.  Some of the members from Club Bare were here, and some were new faces.  I sat down on a leather couch, and one of the bloodristas brought me a drink without me having to ask. 

That was one of the perks of hiring every employee personally.  After explaining it to Kohle, he agreed.  I spotted him on the other side of the private room, talking to a few gentlemen and a bloodrista on his lap.  That was one of the things, the girls could flirt, they could earn tips, they could be drank from, but they couldn't kiss, couldn't have sex, and couldn't be bled or drank to death.

Patrons could ask for some of their blood, bottled in front of their eyes, for home use.  We also had a limit of how much a girl could be drank from, especially the performers.  All the members signed a confidentiality agreement.  If the girls told any secrets, they would be sent to the house of the member's name they spoke of and would be dealt with by the member.  All the members knew that and were perfectly fine with the arrangement.

Kohle and I both agreed not to have a stage in the private room, not to have shows like I had in the club.  It would take away from the bloodristas, and all the violence might drive the members to do likewise. 

We did however, decide that in one corner we would make a big deal about bottling the girl's blood, letting the buyer strap them into a chair and having a brooding man draw out the blood.  The execution chair was metal and rusty in some spots.  It was well worn and I loved the designer for picking something so ancient out and making it fit so well.

In between the bottling chair and the bar on the other side, was a huge screen encompassing all of the wall.  It played flashes, five second glimpses of sex scenes, mild erotica and soft porn.  It played flashes of the girls faces in moments that had been previously captured.  There was also a healthy mix of feedings and blood trickling down body parts.  It was a master piece and set to play those five second scenes at random, we would add more in over time so it wouldn't get old.

I mingled with a few guests, playing nice and hoping those two girls I had drained would be enough to last the night, hoping that I wasn't too vile to run anyone off. 

"Master Stoic, would you like a drink? Or perhaps some company?"

I glanced up to Liz and let my eyes fall to my drink.  I couldn't, not here.  "O and scotch." 

She curtsied and left, I watched her long legs stride away from me.  Kohle had picked out tight black shorts, a black vest with blue pin stripes and either a blue bow tie, or a regular tie, the girls' choice.  We kept extras in case if we had any messy eaters.

Kohle came back with my drink, setting it down on the table in front of me.  "I would have thought you would be out promoting more."

"Can't, not in the mood."  I kept my sentences short, I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to piss anyone off and I sure as hell didn't want anyone to piss me off.

"What's wrong, accidentally kill your favorite slave?"

This was the most I had ever seen Kohle show emotion.  Even when he had had scantily clad women in his lap he still didn't show a hint of pleasure.  "No, I never kill on accident."  I said it, and I shouldn't have.  I looked him right in the eyes and I knew he was thinking about Ruth.  "Not these days anyway.  I have come a long way from infancy, even without a maker."  I took a drink and waited on him to say something.  He stayed stiff, back straight and never took his eyes off me.

"It takes substantial effort to kill a vampire.  It takes much less to kill a slave.  How many slaves have you killed in your feedings?"

"Almost fifteen this week.  These humans can't mate fast enough to keep up with my needs."

I saw a ghost of a smile on his lips.  "I remember being young.  I would go through hundreds a month.  Veronica taught me control, taught me to take my time.  If she was still around, she could have taught you too."

I looked down at my glass before taking a swig.  I went to set it back down and Kohle was gone.  I stayed for another hour, playing nice and moving from room to room.  I went behind the scenes and checked on the kitchen staff, the small keeper's room, upstairs to the performer's room and lastly the office.  I made a round and greeted all the employees human or vampire, making sure everything was running smoothly.  We had hired a girl based off Ted's recommendation and she had been spot on all night.  She had made rounds just as I had, and kept an eye on the cameras.  She even had video feed pulled up on her phone and checked it on her rounds. 

I made sure she had my private number and left, telling her to let Kohle know I was leaving.  The soft open had gone well, and the grand opening would be here sooner than I had wanted.