Prologue

Airana's P.O.V

"Ariana! Run!" Someone shouted my name. I ran I didn't dear look behind me, I ran but I heard foots steps running after me. As I ran my feet burned as they hit the ground, I was bear foot. I quickly opened a door and closed it and locked it. I slowly backed away and pushed away a box that was blocked a small whole in the wall. I head the banging and I dropped to the ground and crawled through the small space.

After being in that secret passage for a while I came to a dead end. I pushed on a stone and the wall opened I climbed out and landed on the floor with a small thump. I slowly moved the bright light halls, then I felt an icy hand on my shoulder and I spun around.

"It's ok Ariana. It's only me." Said Alexander.

"What is happening?" I asked shaking.

"Calm down. I promise everything will be OK, but as for whats happening darkness is attacking." He said calmly.

"What are we going to do?" I cried.

"I'm going to bring you to safety my princess." He said. I nodded and followed him. He lead me to my room where we locked the door and bolted it shut.

"We should be safe in here." He said to me, I nodded and walked over to my bed and sat down. Then a cold wind willed the room along with evil laughter. Then black mist started forming a man and his eyes glowed red like blood. His sword in his hand was stained with the blood of my family and my people. I froze looking at him as I watched him put a sword threw the last of my guard, as he tried to defend me. He looked at me and moved forward with his sword raised. Then suddenly the door flew open and my guardian walk in, she slaped him with her staff. Then reached into her pocket and took out a dagger and stabbed him.

"Princess Ariana. We must get you to safety." She said.

"I know, but what of my kingdom?" I asked.

"I do not know, you must hid for now and I will have to deal this evil away and when that is done I will come to you. Stay here, I will go to a cave and seal it there." She said. I nodded and ran out of my room, I knew of a place were I shall hid until this ordeal is over. I waited there for what seem hours then the door opened, I stood up and my guardian walked over to me handing me a necklace. I knew what was this necklace was, I looked at her with knowing eyes and put the necklace around me neck. We were about to leave but then a cold wind blew through the room, and then there was a flash of light.

It was cold. My eyes were closed and all I knew was shadows. So I waited and I will wait until the time is right, but until then I will wait. I know the weight of my destiny and I accept it. Then the world became even darker and colder. And my mind drifted into the shadows that destroyed all I have loved and known.