Tusken Raiders part 5

"Ok. Be careful Snips, this is might get dangerous." Said Anakin as the ship landed on the soft hot sand.

"Don't worry Skyguy we'll find them." Said Ahsoka putting a hand on Anakin's shoulders.

"I know. But these enemy's are dangerous." Said Anakin remembering how Slash knew about his mom, how he knew that Anakin was coming here and how he also called against the councils orders. But what did be mean about "Darth Sidu..." when he was talking about Chandler Palpatine. Anakin wondered all these things even though he had a feeling he was going to find out; and soon.

Else where

"Good morning." Said Shira walking in.

"And to you too." Said Cody.

"Oh I was never able to get your names yet." She said.

"I am Commander Cody and this Captain Rex." Cody said.

"It is a pleasure to meet you and I would like to say thank you." She said.

"For what?" Asked Cody a bit confused.

"For protecting the galaxy and keeping it safe. I might be on this planet but I do know very well about what goes on." She said with a smile on her face as she dent down to change the bandages on Rex.

"Sell your welcome but you should know that the Jedi do most of it." He said.

"That's where your wrong. To me it doesn't matter if you the strongest or the smartest. To me it matters from what comes from in side that matters. It is what comes from the heart..." Shira said looking at Cody. "...So to me it doesn't matter rather a Jedi or a regular soldier. To me it matters if what you do comes from the heart and what you believe is right." Then she stopped and gave a low gasp.

"What?" Cody asked.

"They are gone. All his wounds are gone." She said.

"What do you mean?" Asked Cody.

"They are not there see." She said showing him.

"How is that possible?" He asked.

"I do not know." She said as she took off the bandage.

"What do we do know?" Asked Cody.

"We wait and see how he is." She replied as she stood up. Then she turned to leave to room.

"Wait." Cody said, Shira stopped and turned around.

"Yes?" She asked her violet eyes sparkling.

"Thank you for doing all this. Also for saying what you said, not many people would say that." He said.

"Your welcome Commander Cody." Said Shira smiling and then she turned and left the room. When she left the room, she gave a small sigh. Then she through away the old bandages and walked outside. The morning air was relaxing, it actually was a bit cold for a planet like this. But it definitely nice weather a small breeze blew through her hair. Shair let the wind carrier her thoughts and mind to the past. The only thing she remembers from before it happened and before she meet her only friend in that place. She let her muscles relax and she closed here yes. Then she started humming a soft melody the type of one you only remembers in dreams. She started saying the words, they came out soft and clear...

"Over the seas, across the skies I will always be here for you. I will always be here to sing this song, to fight away the dark when you can't find the light. I will stay here beside you to guard and to guide you. Now remember this song when your scared of what's in the darkness. But remember this song and know that I am here and knows that you have nothing to fear."

Then the song ended the words died out but the melody still hung in the morning air. She opened her eyes and she still felt the melody and the words of this song gently floating around her.

Rex opened his eyes and let out a painful groan.

"Rex! Are your ok?" Cody asked coming to sit by him.

"No....where are we?" Rex asked as he struggled to sit up.

"I think you should rest." Said Cody putting a hand on Rex's shoulder and surprisingly he didn't argue. He just went to lay back down on the mat. Then Cody told Rex about what happened and when he was unconscious.

"That's....strange." Said Rex trying to figure out the right words for the story.

"Yeah. Do you have any ideas of what happened?" Cody asked.

"No." Rex lied. Well he didn't lie but be did. He had an idea of what happened but he was not sure.

Flashback

Rex's breathing was jagged and he hung there tied to the pole. He groaned as Slash brought the tip of a dagger to the side of his face.

"You seem tense." Slash said as he ran the dagger down a little. Rex didn't reply he just shivered.

"You know something funny? The name Rex is normally the name of a dog and your the republic's dog aren't you." Slash said worth a cruelness to his voice.

"I am not laughing." Said Rex through grited teeth.

"Oh. I'm sorry if I offended you, it has been so long since I had this much fun." Slash said laughing. Rex glared at him with venom and pure hatred.

"Now. Don't look at me like that." Slash said with a small chuckle.

"Go. To. Hell." Muttered Rex.

"Why go? If I have already been there. But you haven't." Slash said in weird way. Then he pulled out a dagger and ran it across Rex's hand. Then he cut his own he then gasped Rex's hand and Rex let out a scream.

"Shhh. This pain will not last long, but I am going to need leverage and you Rex are the best choice." Slash said as Rex slowly passed out.

Flashback ends